• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hdtv

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hdtv"

Collapse

• Squatch
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Get John Lewis to price match, they give all TV's a free 5 year warranty.

SD picture will always look worse when you have more pixels to stretch across, a HD picture on a 720P would be indistinguishable to a 1080P on a 37” LCD at 8 feet as they human eye cant detect the extra resolution, you’d only start to notice on a bigger screen or when sitting closer.
    Couldn't agree more. I got John Lewis to price-match a 46" Samsung 1080p LCD from Empire Direct in Romford. There was a problem with it so I had them take it away 3 weeks later for a complete refund. Ended up getting a 42" Pioneer Kuro 720p plasma and it blows the doors off the Samsung LCD for both SD and HD input. Forget about 1080p - you need at least 46" to detect the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    And the result:-

After some persuasion JLP price matched empire direct on the Samsung @529. Not the absolute cheapest but includes 5 year guarantee.
    enjoy

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    And the result:-

After some persuasion JLP price matched empire direct on the Samsung @529. Not the absolute cheapest but includes 5 year guarantee.

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    I bought the LG and am very impressed.

I previously bought a 42" LG Plasma for the family room and love it so for a 37" for the living room the LG was my first choice. It cost £500 from Empire Direct. I already bought the edXtra cover with the plasma so I'm covered for 3 years on both.

One thing I particularly like on the LC55 is that it accepts a 1080p signal which the plasma doesn't (good for PS/3).

The plasma was about £650 by the way.

I also own a 19" Sammy and the piano black of the LC55 is just as nice, especially on a £50 chrome and black glass stand from Amazon.

LG 37LC55
    Tosh 37C3035
    Samsung LE37R87BDX

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Gadget show did some back to back reviews recently.
    http://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmai...escription=TVs

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    It's worth noting that flat panel TV’s (especially LCD’s) tend to come with crap factory defaults, again AVforums is your friend when looking for good settings.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-PS42...1535720&sr=8-1

I've got the Samsung 42" 720p Plasma TV. Wasn't too impressed at first but after adjusting the colours, brightness and contrast it finally gave a very nice picture.
    Can't fault it now, upscaling is pretty good (although the PS3 does is slightly better)

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    Samsung Piano Black is very stylish (IMHO)
    In my view second only to the "picture frame" of the Toshiba 40xf355d. If I was going full hd I think I'd spend the 900 odd on this but it's pretty much 400 quid over the samsung.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Mrs ASB has given me 38"/96.5 cm of wall space to play with. She won't have an inch more. This gives me the following initial shortlist:-

LG 37LC55
    Tosh 37C3035
    Samsung LE37R87BDX
    I have this one Toshiba 37WLT68, it's been out longer than the Toshiba 37C3035 but has a slightly better spec (100Hz M mode, 3x HDMI etc) I can't fault it.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied

LG 37LC55
    Tosh 37C3035
    Samsung LE37R87BDX
    Samsung Piano Black is very stylish (IMHO)

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I went with 50" Viera

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I only considered Sony Bravia or Panasonic Viera when I bought mine, as thay seem to do the best in all the reviews that I've read.
    Pioneer Kuro!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I went with a Bravia.
    I went Viera. But I only wanted a 32" screen or smaller, but 1080p which effectively gives a selection of one TV.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I only considered Sony Bravia or Panasonic Viera when I bought mine, as thay seem to do the best in all the reviews that I've read.
    I went with a Bravia.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X