• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Girlie Weekend in London"

Collapse

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    That might be good - we have a mix of single and coupled up girls...

Ummmm are you trying to say we wouldn't fit in

Mind you, you're probably right and you have seen me pissed so I'll take your advice
    Heh - When I went it was a great novelty night out, but you can't help feeling a little self-conscious with all the poseurs about and therefore don't tend to properly let your hair down like we did at Silver - and my wallet ended up in A&E with severe injuries - but that was all the champagne (royal) mojitos. Lovely drink.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    One more thing - if you really want to let your hair down, relax and go for it, then Club De Fromage is for you - and get a taxi back (phone for one).
    You're much more likely to pull there - although it's not a creepy atmosphere there are more 'normal' people around - Eve is somewhat, er, exclusive in that regard - it's a different kind of night out - and Eve is much more expensive.
    That might be good - we have a mix of single and coupled up girls...

Ummmm are you trying to say we wouldn't fit in

Mind you, you're probably right and you have seen me pissed so I'll take your advice

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    One more thing - if you really want to let your hair down, relax and go for it, then Club De Fromage is for you - and get a taxi back (phone for one).
    You're much more likely to pull there - although it's not a creepy atmosphere there are more 'normal' people around - Eve is somewhat, er, exclusive in that regard - it's a different kind of night out - and Eve is much more expensive.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    If you go there, it's worth calling the club in advance and getting on the guestlist - otherwise you may be waiting outside for a while. Wear your most outrageous, poshest frocks.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    OMG - that Eve Club has an amazing dance floor
    It's definitely a girlie club and some of the people are a bit poncey, but the group you're with makes the night you have in my experience.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Strawberry Moons is alright, but it's a fair walk. I thoroughly recommend Club De Fromage and a taxi back afterwards, or if you want to stay within stumbling distance - The Eve Club is small, cosy and vibrant with a great dancefloor.
    OMG - that Eve Club has an amazing dance floor

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    There is 10 of us - youngest 24 and oldest 32
    somewhere cheesy where we can have a bit of a bop and plenty to drink would be perfect...

Thanks
    Strawberry Moons is alright, but it's a fair walk. I thoroughly recommend Club De Fromage and a taxi back afterwards, or if you want to stay within stumbling distance - The Eve Club is small, cosy and vibrant with a great dancefloor.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Bear View Post
    Gosh - who want to be the oldest in a group like that eh? Poor young girls dragging an 'old fogey' round with them

I know somewhere good showing the rugby
    Feck off - I'm not the oldest

We're all a pretty good mix though and we all get on so should be grand.
    this place that shows the Rugby.... are we all invited?

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gecko
    replied
    somewhere cheesy where we can have a bit of a bop and plenty to drink would be perfect...

Thanks
    Roadhouse is probably your best option then. (O'Neills in Soho (opposite Waxy O'Conors) also has a club upstairs which is also good fun, but you'll need plenty of booze to enjoy).

My earlier suggestions of The Soho and Motion are relatively more upmarket than the Roadhouse and you can also have boogie. (By 'relatively more upmarket' neither are in any way snooty).

However, best girlie night out in London can be found at Carwash. You'll probably need to get a little dressed up but it's amazingly good fun. I can lend you my chest wig from the last time I was there if you want.

http://www.carwash.co.uk/

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied

Thanks
    Gosh - who want to be the oldest in a group like that eh? Poor young girls dragging an 'old fogey' round with them

I know somewhere good showing the rugby

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon Gecko View Post
    Generally the people who frequent On Anon are out-of-towners who know no better (no offence Mr Robin).
    None taken. It is a bit happy go likely and we chose it because it's close to theatre land and was free entry before 10 I didn't really pay much attention to the kinds of other people there, but remember seeing a few scrotes getting thrown out for trouble...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Gordon Gecko View Post
    The places I have recommended are a bit cheesey but ultimately very good fun. In my experience, On Anon is not fun.

The people make a place. On my two (forced) visits, I found On Anon to be populated with aggressive blokes on heat and home counties hairdressers on a big night 'up town'. Think Tiger Tiger, and you are almost there.

Generally the people who frequent On Anon are out-of-towners who know no better (no offence Mr Robin).

Let me know the age of your group, likes and dislikes and I'll make few more recommendations......

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Gecko
    replied
    Whats up with it?
    The places I have recommended are a bit cheesey but ultimately very good fun. In my experience, On Anon is not fun.

The people make a place. On my two (forced) visits, I found On Anon to be populated with aggressive blokes on heat and home counties hairdressers on a big night 'up town'. Think Tiger Tiger, and you are almost there.

Let me know the age of your group, likes and dislikes and I'll make few more recommendations......

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Hop on the train to Swindon.

No nightclubs to speak of (they are banned in Swindon due to prohibition laws), but there is a great organic smoothie bar that's open till 5.30pm (except Fridays).

HTH

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Whats up with it?
    As you as you walk in there, everything. Or rather, everyone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X