• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "M6 closed for 24 hours"

Collapse

• Bumfluff
    replied
    What about your choppers

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    What happens if all the roads to the North are blocked and the securicor vans taking the tax subsidies, the mobile soup kitchens, and the extra Polish security police can't get through?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Keldin View Post
    And here I thought it was acetylene gas that was mixed with oxygen gas at the point of ignition rather than just combining it all in one big cylinder.

Anyway can't have been much of a if crashing it at 70mph didn't set it off. Just roll the things over to the hard shoulder and let the traffic through. Bloody Health and Safety wimps.

K

I think there must have been a fire as a report I saw said the firebrigade were worried about exploding gas cylinders and it may take 24 hours for them to cool enough to be safe to handle.

I guess they didn't factor in the cooler temperatures as you head further north, hence it only took 3 or so hours.

Leave a comment:

• Keldin
    replied
    It followed a collision involving a lorry carrying several cylinders of oxyacetylene, a gas used in welding.
    And here I thought it was acetylene gas that was mixed with oxygen gas at the point of ignition rather than just combining it all in one big cylinder.

Anyway can't have been much of a
    potentially explosive chemical
    if crashing it at 70mph didn't set it off. Just roll the things over to the hard shoulder and let the traffic through. Bloody Health and Safety wimps.

K

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    dieing during takeoff is not a pleasant experience.

Dying

Commie English not what it aspires to be? Unless you happen to work in engineering. Squirrel bothering doesn't count, all nuts and no bolts.

If I'm going to go in a plane crash I'd much prefer a swift one on take-off or landing than dropping from 30,000 feet knowing full well that's your last minute or so on Earth. Talk about a brown-trouser moment. More like a plane full of brown-stuff moment.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    This extended your life by almost 3 hours: .
    Bast***s

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Flight is 1515 - current anticipated departure time 1755 because it's windy....
    This extended your life by almost 3 hours: dieing during takeoff is not a pleasant experience.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Olympics should be sold to France. They would do a better job.

:
    the budget would need to go up by £3.4 billion

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    They will fly in from Ireland like they do now.
    Not today the f***ing won't - they'll be stuck at the airport like I am

Flight is 1515 - current anticipated departure time 1755 because it's windy....

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by mailric View Post
    if you cut london off, how are the man utd fans going to get to the matches?
    They will fly in from Ireland like they do now.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Dammit. I was all set for taking the burger van down and making a killing from all the mugs gridlocked on the surrounding A roads.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    24 hours closure ended up being 3.5 hours.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    The blockage at junction 19 was cleared at 20:00, I blasted through at 20:25 - didn't notice a thing

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    will us "northerners" have to pay extra for council tax for the Olympics
    Olympics should be sold to France. They would do a better job.

Actually, I thing this country should *pay* the French to host the Olympics.

It would still be cheaper for us

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    will us "northerners" have to pay extra for council tax for the Olympics

Leave a comment:

Working...
X