• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hypothetical question"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Mostly being bought now by very rich Russians who see €500K as pocket money.
    That's cause ska is priceless.

HTH

AtW

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Where abouts in Cyprus? There's a lot of building going on there at the moment and I struggle to see who's buying it all because the good areas aren’t exactly cheap compared to other places in the med.
    150m from the sea, 5km outside Paphos.

Mostly being bought now by very rich Russians who see €500K as pocket money.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    www.primelocation.com

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    No, I am thinking of flogging the villa I already own and have done for many years, making a very good profit and keeping the cash ready for another cunning plan.

Question is, where best to sell it (through).

Cyprus estate agents charge 5%. Greedy fookers.
    Where abouts in Cyprus? There's a lot of building going on there at the moment and I struggle to see who's buying it all because the good areas aren’t exactly cheap compared to other places in the med.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    UK property market seems like a good bet actually

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    My dad buys a few BTL villas in Portugal. He always uses estate agents out there, he also tries to find ones run by ex-pats.

mmmm Liz Hurley

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    aha

so now the truth comes out you want the dipsticks here to tell you (were they ever to find themselves in such a position) where they would look for property and then you want to advertise yours there ?

Milan.

Discerning property tycoons looking for a great BTL investment opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    aha

so now the truth comes out you want the dipsticks here to tell you (were they ever to find themselves in such a position) where they would look for property and then you want to advertise yours there ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    you my friend have been talking about Cyprus villas for as long as I can remember

question for you is:

are you looking for an investment property, or a villa for you and the missus to escape to a few times a year to get away from gloomy Swindon ?

Milan.

No, I am thinking of flogging the villa I already own and have done for many years, making a very good profit and keeping the cash ready for another cunning plan.

Question is, where best to sell it (through).

Cyprus estate agents charge 5%. Greedy fookers.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Just doing some free market research for Plan C.

Where does the average Brit look when buying overseas?
    Cape Verde for me - boom town shortly but keep it under yer hat!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    you my friend have been talking about Cyprus villas for as long as I can remember

question for you is:

are you looking for an investment property, or a villa for you and the missus to escape to a few times a year to get away from gloomy Swindon ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    sometimes Dim, I read your posts and think that bloke is sharp and has his head screwed on,

other times, I think, jeeeez,

this is one of those times

Milan.
    Just doing some free market research for Plan C.

Where does the average Brit look (not the location/country but how do they find the property they like) when buying overseas?
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 24 January 2008, 15:17.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Hypothetical answer: Do your own fookin research.

Helpful answer: Good starting point.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    sometimes Dim, I read your posts and think that bloke is sharp and has his head screwed on,

other times, I think, jeeeez,

this is one of those times

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    See poll.
    Graham? Shirley nut.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X