• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Advice needed on good insurer for new expensive home furniture items"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Kewl! And it's only Monday! Thanks, Xenophon!

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    OP seems like a good competition to threaded the great

Leave a comment:

• dude69
    replied
    £15k in reference material

Surely you mean £30 down Oxfam for the lot?

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    Advice needed on good insurer for new expensive home home furniture items and electrical items.

Ok here it is moved into my flat 1 year ago in the last few months purchased:

bought 1 x £6,600 bed
    bought 1 x £5,300 sofa
    bought 1 x £5,400 computer
    bought 1 x £3,000 sofa bed
    bought 5 x £5,000 (total) chairs

I have the receipts for all of these items.

So I called Nationwide this Saturday morning asking to see whether or not I would have to extend my cover and/or declare these items as luxury expensive items so that their full amount would be covered and not only the first £1,000 of each item.

The woman I spoke to who actually dealt with Home Insurance only was totally clueless, she didn't seem to know whether or not my existing £21,000 insurance amount (which I want to extend) will even cover these items at all or only up to £1,000 on each item or for the full amount.

I would assume that you simply designate these items as luxury items which are over £1,000 in value and insure them individually (as I already have done with an item I through away 2 months ago) but she didn't seem to have any idea !

She fobbed me off basically and I am cheesed off.

So in your wisdome do you have any good recommendations for an home insurance company that knows what its doing and can actually insure home furniture / electrical items that are up to £7,000 ????

AXA insurance are they any good ?

thanks in advance

AXA are a good Insurer.

a better bet might be Hiscox - they do a lot of High Net Worth stuff - probably more suitable in your case.

Try here

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    £10k of train set
    CUK Geek of the Week

Kewl! And it's only Monday! Thanks, Xenophon!

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    I'd like to know what sort of spec that £5400 computer is? I can't think of much to put in it that would knock it above £3000 and we are talking silly things like triple GFX cards all water cooled and physics cards etc to get it that high...
    The Mac Pro with all of the extras will set you back over $24K.....

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    WTF?? Only 2Gb memory and 1 GFX Card????

I have more memory in my box... and I have the same main hard drives and my box was well under £1000.

I can't belive anybody would buy that....
    Ahh but does it have a snake on the side and blue neon's on the front?

...thought not.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Eliquant - when can we expect to see your pad on MTV Cribs then?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Only £5,400? Bloody pauper couldn’t afford one of these, a bit excessive for the odd game of counterstrike me thinks.
    WTF?? Only 2Gb memory and 1 GFX Card????

I have more memory in my box... and I have the same main hard drives and my box was well under £1000.

I can't belive anybody would buy that....

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Guys it includes the matress which cost £1000.

I think that I can understand the 1000 quid mattress (mine cost 250 pounds and all it is is a roll of foam, albeit a high quality roll of foam).

Its the 4 and half grand for the rest I don't get.

tim

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Advice needed on good insurer for new expensive home home furniture items and electrical items.

Ok here it is moved into my flat 1 year ago in the last few months purchased:

bought 1 x £6,600 bed
    bought 1 x £5,300 sofa

I have the receipts for all of these items.

So I called Nationwide this Saturday morning asking to see whether or not I would have to extend my cover and/or declare these items as luxury expensive items so that their full amount would be covered and not only the first £1,000 of each item.

The woman I spoke to who actually dealt with Home Insurance only was totally clueless, she didn't seem to know whether or not my existing £21,000 insurance amount (which I want to extend) will even cover these items at all or only up to £1,000 on each item or for the full amount.

I would assume that you simply designate these items as luxury items which are over £1,000 in value and insure them individually (as I already have done with an item I through away 2 months ago) but she didn't seem to have any idea !

She fobbed me off basically and I am cheesed off.

So in your wisdome do you have any good recommendations for an home insurance company that knows what its doing and can actually insure home furniture / electrical items that are up to £7,000 ????

AXA insurance are they any good ?

thanks in advance
    Thanks for propping up the economy during 06 and 07. If you can please spend spend spend in 08 without borrowing, Brown will be very grateful.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    bought 1 x £6,600 bed
    bought 1 x £5,300 sofa
    I never knew such poverty existed. A sofa bed? Why didn't you just buy a flat with enough bedrooms? Cheapskate.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    £10k of train set
    CUK Geek of the Week

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I'd like to know what sort of spec that £5400 computer is? I can't think of much to put in it that would knock it above £3000 and we are talking silly things like triple GFX cards all water cooled and physics cards etc to get it that high...
    Only £5,400? Bloody pauper couldn’t afford one of these, a bit excessive for the odd game of counterstrike me thinks.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X