• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: working from home?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "working from home?"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Personally I prefer not to "work at home", I just end up doing tedious diy jobs for the missus. And such is the primitive management culture on my current gig that "face seen at desk" equates to "working". So, perversely, I usually end up doing less when I am actually in the office.
    Stockpile finished work when you're in the office and email it from home as if you've just finished it

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Yes, mainly because I've just had a root canal extraction this morning (didn't hurt at all )

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Personally I prefer not to "work at home", I just end up doing tedious diy jobs for the missus. And such is the primitive management culture on my current gig that "face seen at desk" equates to "working". So, perversely, I usually end up doing less when I am actually in the office.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by poser View Post
    do you get up and still go through your daily routine of washing and getting ready or just work fom bed all day?
    Get up.

Simply because when I first started I use to get phone calls between 8.30-9 in the morning from the pimp checking I was alright. Person before me on this project has some sort of breakdown.

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    do you get up and still go through your daily routine of washing and getting ready or just work fom bed all day?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Me.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

But I mostly work from home except when I have to go in for meetings which is twice a month.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by poser View Post
    Kathy but u still had to travel there in the rain one way or another...
    yes

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Yup. And currently glad that I don't have any form of video messaging.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Yup. And currently glad that I don't have any form of video messaging.

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    Kathy but u still had to travel there in the rain one way or another...

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Lucky you!

I'm not working at work (for those of you who's like it spelt out I'm at work but have no work to do).

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    me!

Leave a comment:

• poser
    started a topic working from home?

working from home?

whos working from home today in this glorious rainy windy weather. i am

Working...
X