• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sod this for a game of soldiers..."

Collapse

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    And make you puke your guts up.... it's vile
    I tried some about 10 years ago and it was quite good, bit of a kick but good. The only other thing along a similar vein that I have tried was a local spirit made in Beijing. No idea what it was called but **** me did that have a kick, stupidly high alcohol content too.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    Forget teh Irish Vodka, get hold of some Poteen!!! That'll put hairs on your chest
    And make you puke your guts up.... it's vile

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Forget teh Irish Vodka, get hold of some Poteen!!! That'll put hairs on your chest

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Moskosvskya is our tipple of choice in the pubs here although over Christmas I cracked open the bottle of Kalashnikov which was very nice. Got 3 bottles of Irish vodka here still to try...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Red = Harsh

Blue = Industrial Strength

Black = Smooth and Mellow, you need to keep it chilled though.
    Polish Vodka is nice too... no hangover.

but right now!

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinto View Post
    I'll give those a try, thanks. Last night's was smirnoff red with diet coke. My wife is not used to it either, and ended up drinking like it was just coke. Never seen her so drunk!
    Red = Harsh

Blue = Industrial Strength

Black = Smooth and Mellow, you need to keep it chilled though.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I'll give those a try, thanks. Last night's was smirnoff red with diet coke. My wife is not used to it either, and ended up drinking like it was just coke. Never seen her so drunk!
    All clear forms of alcohol give you less of a hangover because they lack the congeners (sp?) that dark alcohols have. Although it's the alcohol that gives you the hangover, the additives makes it that much worse.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    I personally like smirnoff black, i'm sure somebody will come along and say absolut vodka though. That being said a Swedish girl I was working with produced some butterscotch absolut once and it was really good. I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells it though, maybe it's only available in Sweden?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    fantastic! Which brands are more pure? Can you choose based on price?
    I personally like smirnoff black, i'm sure somebody will come along and say absolut vodka though. That being said a Swedish girl I was working with produced some butterscotch absolut once and it was really good. I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells it though, maybe it's only available in Sweden?

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Vodka is wonderful, as long as you drink lots of water in the morning you'll be fine

Also it's a well known fact that you can preserve food in alcoholic substances like vodka, ergo drinking lots of vodka will preserve you and ensure you have a long happy and fruitful life!!!

HTH
    fantastic! Which brands are more pure? Can you choose based on price?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Vodka is wonderful, as long as you drink lots of water in the morning you'll be fine

Also it's a well known fact that you can preserve food in alcoholic substances like vodka, ergo drinking lots of vodka will preserve you and ensure you have a long happy and fruitful life!!!

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Had close to half a bottle of Vodka last night to celebrate having cut down on beer, and I feel strangely clear headed today. Does Vodka not give you hangovers? I'm a wine/beer man generally.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I am never drinking again

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Half a cider please but if Cailin has had it all then a glass of Bailey's

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Watneys Red Barrel and some Scampi Fries please