• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Still feeling awful...."

Collapse

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Don't be such puffs, just drink through it.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I got caught right and proper on Monday afternoon with a migraine. It was interesting trying to hold a meeting when your vision is all screwed up and it looks like everything is under water. Then trying to type with a totally numb arm while the under water effect gives way to tunnel vision is a challenge. After two hours, I could see enough to drive but was rendered insensible by the headache, took an hour to find a hotel that was less than a mile from the office, and the girl on reception thought I was retarded. Then I threw up all over my hotel bathroom and passed out in a heap on the bed.

The money didn't keep me in the office, I drove home Tuesday morning and went straight to bed. Only truly surfaced today. Being ill away from home sucks and I'm just glad I was within a reasonable travelling distance as I'd have hated having to stay in Swindon's finest Holiday Inn Express while recovering.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It's not a cold /flu thing, it's your body rebelling against imminent permie-dom.

HTH
    You know what? I think you are right.

I was thinking how bad it would be be out here, 60 miles from home all the time.

I wanted to get another travelodge tonight, but need to get home to sort out the cat.

I will be going to town on Jobserve following the end of my renewal for sure! Save a sick day for when I really need one

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Wish it was alcohol related.....

Got that cold / flu lurgy going around
    It's not a cold /flu thing, it's your body rebelling against imminent permie-dom.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I thought I had it yesterday, but it seems to have cleared up now.

HTH
    The missus has had a bad cold for days and I thought I had eluded it, but alas..no!!!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

I thought I had it yesterday, but it seems to have cleared up now.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Out! Out demons of stupidity!

Churchill - In "Blatant plagiarist" mode!
    Out! Out demons of canine stupidity!!

Davie - in "blatant blatant plagiarist" mode"

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    Who let the dogs in? Woof woof woofwoof. Davie in - "I wish I knew more words to that song" mode...
    Out! Out demons of stupidity!

Churchill - In "Blatant plagiarist" mode!

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    I thought you'd died.

Churchill - In "Oh lord, one more disappointment after another, why hast thou foresaken me?" mode.
    Who let the dogs in? Woof woof woofwoof. Davie in - "I wish I knew more words to that song" mode...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    That is an interesting fascination you have...I would not take your PC to PC World for repair though!!!
    I thought you'd died.

Churchill - In "Oh lord, one more disappointment after another, why hast thou foresaken me?" mode.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied

boy
    That is an interesting fascination you have...I would not take your PC to PC World for repair though!!!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I also have it. It feels like I have someone inside my chest with a heat gun and scarper...and the cough and headache...

Wimmen just do not understand how bad man flu is.....

boy

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied

I also have it. It feels like I have someone inside my chest with a heat gun and scraper...and the cough and headache...

Wimmen just do not understand how bad man flu is.....

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    I was highlighting the fact that it's only the money dragging him into work today. I presume it is usually the love of the company he is consulting for that usually gets him going in....

Of course, I apologise

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Sounds to me like you a "blood v alcohol" readjustment session...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X