• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Still feeling awful....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

boy
    That is an interesting fascination you have...I would not take your PC to PC World for repair though!!!
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
      That is an interesting fascination you have...I would not take your PC to PC World for repair though!!!
      I thought you'd died.

Churchill - In "Oh lord, one more disappointment after another, why hast thou foresaken me?" mode.

Comment

I thought you'd died.

Churchill - In "Oh lord, one more disappointment after another, why hast thou foresaken me?" mode.
        Who let the dogs in? Woof woof woofwoof. Davie in - "I wish I knew more words to that song" mode...
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
          Who let the dogs in? Woof woof woofwoof. Davie in - "I wish I knew more words to that song" mode...
          Out! Out demons of stupidity!

Churchill - In "Blatant plagiarist" mode!

Comment

Out! Out demons of stupidity!

Churchill - In "Blatant plagiarist" mode!
            Out! Out demons of canine stupidity!!

Davie - in "blatant blatant plagiarist" mode"

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              Wish it was alcohol related.....

Got that cold / flu lurgy going around

I thought I had it yesterday, but it seems to have cleared up now.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                I thought I had it yesterday, but it seems to have cleared up now.

HTH
                The missus has had a bad cold for days and I thought I had eluded it, but alas..no!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Wish it was alcohol related.....

Got that cold / flu lurgy going around
                  It's not a cold /flu thing, it's your body rebelling against imminent permie-dom.

HTH
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    It's not a cold /flu thing, it's your body rebelling against imminent permie-dom.

HTH
                    You know what? I think you are right.

I was thinking how bad it would be be out here, 60 miles from home all the time.

I wanted to get another travelodge tonight, but need to get home to sort out the cat.

I will be going to town on Jobserve following the end of my renewal for sure! Save a sick day for when I really need one

Comment

I got caught right and proper on Monday afternoon with a migraine. It was interesting trying to hold a meeting when your vision is all screwed up and it looks like everything is under water. Then trying to type with a totally numb arm while the under water effect gives way to tunnel vision is a challenge. After two hours, I could see enough to drive but was rendered insensible by the headache, took an hour to find a hotel that was less than a mile from the office, and the girl on reception thought I was retarded. Then I threw up all over my hotel bathroom and passed out in a heap on the bed.

The money didn't keep me in the office, I drove home Tuesday morning and went straight to bed. Only truly surfaced today. Being ill away from home sucks and I'm just glad I was within a reasonable travelling distance as I'd have hated having to stay in Swindon's finest Holiday Inn Express while recovering.

Comment

Working...
                      X