• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The inclusive, diverse, non racist thread"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    have a wink
    a

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    I find this thread a real refuge from the daily hate I recieve on this board simply because I come from New Zealand. Sometimes I go home and cry myself to sleep.
    have a wink

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I find this thread a real refuge from the daily hate I recieve on this board simply because I come from New Zealand. Sometimes I go home and cry myself to sleep.
    They don't hate you because you are from NZ, They hate you coz you can be a really obnoxious tw@ at times

Keep up the good work tay

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    . Sometimes I go home and cry myself to sleep.
    Still haven't forgotten the World Cup eh? Don't worry time is a great healer.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Good concise summary sas apart from the "understanding evolutionary development" bit.

Not sure what the dynamics of societies has to do with evolution. Even if one believes in different racial intelligences etc. the evidence suggests that that is not the most important factor. Whites have dominated civilisation for 500+ years despite being inferior to Asians in intelligence according to all the studies. There seems to be some confidence in society that just suddenly takes flight.

Interesting area, I have an ambition to come up with a mathematical model to explain success of any given society. I am sure it must be dead easy. But I have had a few vodkas tonight.

Ps What is certain, with all the idiotic emphasis on "fairness" is that British society is on a steep path downwards. In that sense, the reference to evolution is apt.(and perhaps that is what you meant rather than strict Darwin stuff about genes) Acheivement is not about concern for its least able members.
    I didn't mean there are any important race differences due to different evolutionary paths. For one thing there hasn't been enough time and secondly races have probably been mixing for a long time in many parts of the world. I don't think racial differences are important at all compared to societal and cultural differences.
    I think Western civilisation has dominated for 500 years due to the development of the scientific empirical method for judging theories which gave a technical edge, as opposed to the largely superstitious beliefs of other cultures. As other societies get more educated, that difference is disappearing. And unfortunately in this society (which so often is the pathbreaker for the rest of the western world) we are forgetting what made us strong and going in the opposite direction.
    I like the phrase "There seems to be some confidence in society that just suddenly takes flight. ". That seems to sum it up. The turning point seems to be when there's a large enough middle class, which in turn is dependent on there being a decent level of education.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Good concise summary sas apart from the "understanding evolutionary development" bit.

Not sure what the dynamics of societies has to do with evolution. Even if one believes in different racial intelligences etc. the evidence suggests that that is not the most important factor. Whites have dominated civilisation for 500+ years despite being inferior to Asians in intelligence according to all the studies. There seems to be some confidence in society that just suddenly takes flight.

Interesting area, I have an ambition to come up with a mathematical model to explain success of any given society. I am sure it must be dead easy. But I have had a few vodkas tonight.

Ps What is certain, with all the idiotic emphasis on "fairness" is that British society is on a steep path downwards. In that sense, the reference to evolution is apt.(and perhaps that is what you meant rather than strict Darwin stuff about genes) Acheivement is not about concern for its least able members.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 16 January 2008, 17:50.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Judge a man not by his beliefs, but by his actions.

Diver - Jan 2008

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    That's for us to know...

I've got my CCTV cameras on you so I'll soon find out

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What are you doing here? I didn't say Giant Alien Lizards were allowed!
    No Thals or Movellans either please. You're not wanted here.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    Do they shower at all? - or just go outside when it's raining?
    That's for us to know...

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Racist!!!
    Speciesist....

HTH

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Earthly diversity.
    Universal diversity can be a little overwhelming. And those Giant Alien Lizards don't shower as often as they should.
    Do they shower at all? - or just go outside when it's raining?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Racist!!!
    Hygienist

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    And those Giant Alien Lizards don't shower as often as they should.
    Racist!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X