• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Last day of my current contract"

Collapse

• lukemg
    replied
    Hi all, I am benching it currently, offered an extension which I probably should have taken but the living away was getting painful and 70k in the bank says I don't have to stay !
    Been bouncing a few CV's out and getting the odd call but no interviews yet, stuff I do is often permie so having to consider these roles too - ouch...

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Sure you're not smelling the end of the financial year?
    Aren't they the same smell?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
    Mine finishes March 31st, I smell a conspiracy.
    Sure you're not smelling the end of the financial year?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Mine finishes March 31st, I smell a conspiracy.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Just wanted to get my new pic next to the one above!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've heard Milan and AtW are hiring soon.
    Only if you have much cheapness - which you sure do!

Leave a comment:

• gtr
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    I panic too much. I've not been on the bench in my short lived contract career so far but even just the thought of it is enough to get me worried!
    Same here. I've got 3 weeks to go on this contract and decided to start looking last wednesday, 2 days later I've got a 2 month contract lined up for when I finish here

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    He'll need your sizes for the squirrel costume. And Milan will require you to have an up-to-date tape changing certificate.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    What happens if the .Net boom is over in March? Doomed?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Just resting. Taking a couple of months off to pursue other business interests. Not looking. Infact had a few agents call today with juicy contracts but told them I was away on business until March.
    What happens if the .Net boom is over in March? Doomed?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Delhi Belly is fine, yes the builders are still here. They were spray painting varnish today had to escape to the bedroom to eat my lunch, the smell was so bad.

The law over here is clear, I personally can't buy, but my company can. I just had to transfer the money in legaly to do it. They are just trying to stop black money comming in pushing prices up.

I just better not need the money I have invested as I think it is still difficult to get it out of India, but should get better.

If your on the bench this is a nice place to be.

DP are you looking or just resting?
    Just resting. Taking a couple of months off to pursue other business interests. Not looking. Infact had a few agents call today with juicy contracts but told them I was away on business until March.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    Benchville, Arizona, population us!

Been here two weeks now, and getting to the interesting stuff like putting up a new shelf.

I will not sign up for World of Wastecraft.
    When does the money run out?

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Benchville, Arizona, population us!

Been here two weeks now, and getting to the interesting stuff like putting up a new shelf.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    I panic too much. I've not been on the bench in my short lived contract career so far but even just the thought of it is enough to get me worried!

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    And the sense of freedom, relief and joy is uplifting. Too long at the same place (about 18 months).

So looking foreward to more time on plan b,c,d, etc, it's unreal.

Anyone else heading for the bench and loving it?
    29th Feb for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X