• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you fly in a plane that has a woman pilot?"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Most stupid question ever asked in a thread?
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. Which was yours?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I don't have a problem with this as long as:
    • Makeup is applied before entering the plane and not during take off
    • Handbags are stored out of reach and not between the rudder controls
    • The co-pilot is always a male to avoid the distracting "she said he said " banal conversations that affects wimmin when they are together
    • Flying roster is limited to 3 weeks per month

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    My flying instructor was female, a brilliant pilot and she did well bullying me through my various tests and exams.

With regards to commercial pilots, it's usually too late by the time you find out the pilot is female, you're already on the aircraft and the door has been slammed shut.
    Me too. I've had two. Very nice, one extremely sexy, and both competent. Much better than having an overweight, foul-breathed, poor hygiene part time instructor moving the CoG to unacceptable limits and busting the MAUW in a tiny Cessna C152.

This guy did my first spin in the plane and I think I was more uncomfortable with his largess crushing my side than being inverted.

(oh dear, that sounds all wrong...)

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Most stupid question ever asked in a thread?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I wouldn't worry, the co-pilot can easily take over if things start to go wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    There was a BA female pilot I used to know. Absolutley stunning (not that this is relevant).

But apart from that pointless bit of info - Yes of course.

The only problem I can see is that without a rear view mirror, how would she check her lippy?*

*ducks and heads for cover behind realityhack who's behind SA

Leave a comment:

• M_B
    replied
    Was flown back from Rome last week with BA by a female pilot.

It did surprise me when she announced herself but if anything I felt reassured. Women pay less car insurance afterall and with their famed multitasking ability I wasn't worried about her talking, flying and doing her make up all at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Pointless thread of the month? Of course I would fly with a female pilot.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    What a stupid question. Why would a woman pilot be any less skilled than a man? They've had the same training and passed the same exams, so you're just as safe... although you might not reach the right destination if she's navigating.

<ducks for cover behind SA>
    The same is true when it comes to driving!!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I've twice been on a commercial flight when the tannoy announced "this is you captain speaking" with a female voice and I'm still here to tell the tale so I guess it makes no difference.

I don't know why but I can't help humming the Dam Buster’s theme tune to myself whenever I fly over Germany.... childish I know.
    I had the theme tune for 633 Squadron as a ring tone on my phone when I worked in Germany.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I've twice been on a commercial flight when the tannoy announced "this is you captain speaking" with a female voice and I'm still here to tell the tale so I guess it makes no difference.

I don't know why but I can't help humming the Dam Buster’s theme tune to myself whenever I fly over Germany.... childish I know.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    My flying instructor was female, a brilliant pilot and she did well bullying me through my various tests and exams.

With regards to commercial pilots, it's usually too late by the time you find out the pilot is female, you're already on the aircraft and the door has been slammed shut.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    I used to have a lodger who was training to fly 757's. Real small lass, around 30.

She had a cook at home meal from Sainsbos and eat a cherry tomato on raw chicken that she should have cooked.

She panicked.

I joking said to call NHS direct, she did, and refused to NOT call them!

Very entertaining, but made me worry how she would cope with a REAL emergency. Like teh wrong type of in-flight meal......

Oh, she also crashed her Clio twice, including falling off the road and going into a lorry!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Here's a female perspective. Or at least one out to make headlines.

I'm a FEMALE male chauvinist - and proud of it
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1879

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Pah.... at least we would ask for directions and not fly round till all the fuel ran out!!!
    Fair play.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X