• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone interested in US politics?"

Collapse

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    So you a fan of the republicans? Or lesser of 2 evils?
    The latter.

<cue bogpuss and somekind of rapture reference>

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    I was hoping she would win the nomination and lose the election. Evil witch.
    I'm sure Obama is quite likely to do just that.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    So you a fan of the republicans? Or lesser of 2 evils?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    This might be the final shift in momentum towards Obama that kills off the Hilary campaign. Here's hoping.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7412081.stm

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    This might be the final shift in momentum towards Obama that kills off the Hilary campaign. Here's hoping.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7412081.stm

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I think you will find that Al Quaeda had plenty of excuses to bomb the West whether or not Saddam (that well known Islamic fundamentalist) was around.
    Typical fcuking DA. How about just for once reading what someone else has written before adding your 2c?

I said us going into Iraq acted as a recruiting agent for Islamic extremism (Recruitment. Capiche?)

You know, sort of turned public opinion against us in Islamic countries and communities (Not too mention everywhere else in the world). Caused a few angry young Muslim men to take things a step further. That sort of thing, cause and effect.

Maybe you forgot but after 9/11 public opinion globally was sympathetic towards the US, and the 'war on terror'. Then we went into Iraq. Now look at it.

Don't recall mentioning excuses to bomb us.
    Last edited by snaw; 8 May 2008, 07:54.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Exactly Dodgy...the oil companies loyalities are to their shareholders, not some whingeing consumer.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    Listen and understand why Oil companies announcing 65 percent profit increase is outrageous today. Listen and understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-oMjmwiUA
    why is it outrageous?

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Listen and understand why Oil companies announcing 65 percent profit increase is outrageous today. Listen and understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-oMjmwiUA

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    To quote my learned friend:

I'm in the WGAF camp

Meh!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Well firstly how about addressing the point made by Bagpuss, as opposed to saying my viewpoint on the situation is simple.

Secondly, simple is the viewpoint that supported a war on flimsy evidence, with no post invasion plan and the naive assumption that a Saddam free Iraq was going to be full of smiley happy Iraqi's who would happily co-exist in peace and promote democracy in the middle east. Now that was monumentally simple. Some of us kind of figured that this was gonna be a complete mess (Though I doubt anyone realised the scale of the f cuk up we were about to induce).

I feel much safer now, knowing we had a chance and world opinion behind us to have a crack at Al Queda, and it's ideology and we went for Iraq instead and became #1 recruiting agents for Islamic extremism. Smart move.
    I think you will find that Al Quaeda had plenty of excuses to bomb the West whether or not Saddam (that well known Islamic fundamentalist) was around.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    I'm saying The 'Independent' is not.

And the situation is not as simple as people like you want it to be.
    Well firstly how about addressing the point made by Bagpuss, as opposed to saying my viewpoint on the situation is simple.

Secondly, simple is the viewpoint that supported a war on flimsy evidence, with no post invasion plan and the naive assumption that a Saddam free Iraq was going to be full of smiley happy Iraqi's who would happily co-exist in peace and promote democracy in the middle east. Now that was monumentally simple. Some of us kind of figured that this was gonna be a complete mess (Though I doubt anyone realised the scale of the f cuk up we were about to induce).

I feel much safer now, knowing we had a chance and world opinion behind us to have a crack at Al Queda, and it's ideology and we went for Iraq instead and became #1 recruiting agents for Islamic extremism. Smart move.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Who mentioned the Independant? You have to put everthing in a box just like your Rapturist friends
    In the same way you keep calling me a 'Rapturist', perhaps?

(Let's hope Bogpuss gets a good seeing too in the next few weeks)

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Who mentioned the Independent? You have to put everthing in a box just like your Rapturist friends
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 7 May 2008, 15:23.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    So are you saying it's not true, or doggedly trying to avoid the consequences of your particular viewpoint?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X