• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Agent or Client?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent or Client?"

Collapse

• Emily
    replied
    Clients Fault

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    The strawberry blonde bint obviously -for believing what agents say

Agent is now trying to secure a cheaper resource for a higher margin while keeping yer mate in suspence as fallback
    99.9% of the time this is not the case. When I worked in an agency (many moons ago) this was not the case - clients invariably allow candidates to be interviewed at a higher rate than they are ever likely to pay just because they think they can hook them in at the interview and they will want to work there so much that they will accept a lesser rate. Most agencies work on a fixed margin (at least with big clients - because of volume) and so it is in their favour to get you more money!

Obviously there are some really dodgy recruiters out there - that shall not be named as they have a tendancy to sue - who do do exactly what the above is saying.

I'd go with it being the clients fault.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Got myself a new avatar though
    Nice portrait.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Do you remember the Catherine Tate sketch Gingers4Justice? Maybe I could put SA's friend together with my contacts.
    Tried to find it on Youtube, but couldn't.

Got myself a new avatar though

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Maybe the client decided that hiring a ginger was too much trouble, and they're trying to let her down gently?
    Do you remember the Catherine Tate sketch Gingers4Justice? Maybe I could put SA's friend together with my contacts.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Maybe the client decided that hiring a ginger was too much trouble, and they're trying to let her down gently?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Phone the client and say that the agency has told you they want you for a cheaper rate. Suggest that this can be done by putting you on their preferred supplier list and cutting out the agent altogether.

Win - win all round.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    That is why you'll never get on in this world.
    Probably never get banned, be let back in for about twenty seconds and get banned again, either

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

You're advocating this?!!

I would never dream of doing that, honestly!

Would you not go down a contractors throat (and not in a good way) for doing something like that?
    I have recently had this done to me (documented in another thread).

I eventually called the client and 'discussed the problem' - i.e. dobbed the agency right in it for lying.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    No agent in the world is going to let a guranteed income stream walk for the sake of a few quid. They want you in there earning so they can move onto the next victim.
    I agree. Whilst the agent might try it on and attempt to bully your friend into lowering your rate, your friend has stood her ground and called his bluff. If it were a bluff, I think he would have crumbled by now and just accepted the original smaller margin than he has his porky pies on.

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Your friend should tell the agent they're only available until X date. It focuses their mind and attention. If they don't get back to you the gig has either fallen through or they've got someone else.

No agent in the world is going to let a guranteed income stream walk for the sake of a few quid. They want you in there earning so they can move onto the next victim.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    That is not what I meant - and you know it!

Be a leader, not a follower.
    Who am I following?!!

It's interesting that 7 of yous think AndyW is to blame for this....wait til I get my hands on the little bugger...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    You're right - I've made nothing of myself...waste of space...
    That is not what I meant - and you know it!

Be a leader, not a follower.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    Clearly your "friend" should have worn a shorter skirt
    You wouldn't be saying that if you saw her thighs!!

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    I have a friend...
    Clearly your "friend" should have worn a shorter skirt

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    That is why you'll never get on in this world.
    You're right - I've made nothing of myself...waste of space...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X