• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Never trust.....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Never trust....."

Collapse

• lukemg
    replied
    Only suffered this once and it was self-inflicted(ish). Had xray on a checkup and was advised there was a possible cavity that would need sorting. It was n't giving me grief so carried on regardless and as a contractor, didn't get round to taking the time off. Tooth started to get sensitive to hot and cold fluids so I returned on my next 'resting' day and was advised it was now a root canal job. 45 minutes of torture followed, with 3 seperate injections to try to stop the pain as the dentist went in over and over with the tiny files - 'got to get it all out' he explained. I came out shaking and sweating and cursing myself for not getting the initial cavity sorted.
    If there is any good news, which is a double edge sword is that at least it was free - my brother is the dentist...
    Got a twinge ? - get it sorted ASAP

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I've never been to the dentist.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/53089...4FC6B9CADF7309

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Read this article before you opt for root canal treatment:

http://www.mercola.com/article/denta...oot_canals.htm

I had really bad toothache for a month, eighteen months ago and visited the dentist who advised root canal treatment on two teeth. I decided not to have mine done immediately although my dentist was keen, but took some antibiotics that he gave me. The pain went and I have been alright since with no further treatment whatsoever!!!!

Evidence shows that as you get older and your immunity levels drop, toxins held in teeth via root canal treatment are slowly released and because of this lowered immunity can cause various diseases including cancer and arthritis.

In one story I read, an old woman apparently had arthritis and doctors advised removal of the teeth that she had had root canal treatment on. Her arthritis then went away.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    It won't hurt. They numb you up first. I've had at least three.

Although I'm not sure about the Germans. I had a deep filling over there once and the dentist insisted that anaesthetic was unnecessary... ARGHHH!
    Somehow this all went into the wrong thread, but still. After they had found out what they had to do today, just a filling to tide me over, they got the needles out for the injection but I told them I didn't need one for a filling, never do. Maybe when she hit my nerve root I could have done with it though. The 2 crowns and the bridge are costing me €2000 and the Krankenkasse pay about a grand on top of that.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by RandyW View Post
    You and me both.
    <ahem>

Leave a comment:

• RandyW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Neither am I. Except Spartacus, I'm like him.
    You and me both.

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    B****** publishing companies raising money for a "charity"

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    I'm not like other men
    Neither am I. Except Spartacus, I'm like him.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by RandyW View Post
    1974 called. They want their joke back.
    I actually thought it was a pretty good one - I've filed it for later.

Leave a comment:

• RandyW
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    anything that can bleed for a week and not die is not to be trusted
    1974 called. They want their joke back.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    root canal involve? Just got back from the emergency dentist having lived on Nurofen for the last 3 weeks and she found a hole under a filling and when she got all the stuff out, she hit the nerve and said the words 'root canal.' As it is I have a number of appoitments next year anyway with my normal dentist for 2 crowns, a bridge and an extraction so now another one, which I think might hurt a bit
    Hurts. Lots. Sometimes. You don't remember the easy ones.

Had one done ten years ago in France by a 5' lady dentist who was of a very small build. She drilled the 6 roots that she found, but unfortunately snapped the drill bit in the last one - which left a 2cm piece of drill bit sticking up out of my tooth. As it was a Saturday, she was the only person in the building so she basically got a pair of pliers and proceeded to try and yank the drill bit out of my tooth, half sitting on me to get a grip. It took about 20 minutes for our combined efforts to get the drill bit out.

Turns out it wasn't done right anyway and the whole thing had to come out a couple of years later.

Just my luck - what would have been a once-in-a-lifetime sexual fantasy was ruined by excruciating pain!

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    A manager who walks away with his mobile around renewal time.

What don't you trust?
    statistics
    experts - particularly when they support government views
    politicians
    tipsters
    public opinion (contains views by people who have voted Labour)
    lawyers
    tv game shows
    journalists
    anyone trying to sell things
    time lords (OK this may not affect most of you as much)
    project managers
    large corporations

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Stress levels

oops wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    I'm not like other men