• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never trust.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    root canal involve? Just got back from the emergency dentist having lived on Nurofen for the last 3 weeks and she found a hole under a filling and when she got all the stuff out, she hit the nerve and said the words 'root canal.' As it is I have a number of appoitments next year anyway with my normal dentist for 2 crowns, a bridge and an extraction so now another one, which I think might hurt a bit
    Had one 4 years ago. Sorry mate, even with local anaesthetic it's painful. You can ask to have it under general anaesthetic I think. I didn't and was covered in sweat by the end from tension and pain. But still, in the big scheme of things it's not the end of the world.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

It won't hurt. They numb you up first. I've had at least three.

Although I'm not sure about the Germans. I had a deep filling over there once and the dentist insisted that anaesthetic was unnecessary... ARGHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Had one 4 years ago. Sorry mate, even with local anaesthetic it's painful. You can ask to have it under general anaesthetic I think. I didn't and was covered in sweat by the end from tension and pain. But still, in the big scheme of things it's not the end of the world.
        Sasguru in "trying to make you feel better" mode...
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          ...men who say "I'm not like other men".
          ...the meat in chinese food.
          ...agents
          ...phonecalls/emails from "my bank"
          Hear hear...
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Builders
            Politicians
            Women who say they have only had a few boyfriends/partners
            Permies

Comment

It won't hurt. They numb you up first. I've had at least three
              Agreed.

I've had several root-canals done over the years. All under anaesthethic, and all have been painless.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

women

anything that can bleed for a week and not die is not to be trusted

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_tourism

The UK and The Republic of Ireland are two of the largest sources of Dental Tourists. Both have had their dental professions examined by competition authorities to determine whether consumers were receiving value for money from their dentists[6]. Both countries’ professions were criticised for a lack of pricing transparency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_implant

Cost

The price of dental implants varies greatly between countries. In the United Kingdom, a single tooth implant with crown generally costs between £2000-£2800 depending on the type of crown used. Similarly, in the United States, implants average around $2500, (DP - Half price then) in addition to the cost of the crown. The cost of full mouth reconstructions with implants begin around $12000 per arch, and can approach $50000, depending on the complexity of the case. In Israel, single implants begin around 5000 NIS, comparable to Turkey and Egypt where they begin around 700-800$.

Why pay UK Dentists, who are the most expensive in the world, and who are all foreigners anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    root canal involve?
                    I had root canal work done in about 1992.

I have never been back to a dentist since. I just take painkillers. And that is not because of the cost (it was just under £1,500).
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_tourism

The UK and The Republic of Ireland are two of the largest sources of Dental Tourists. Both have had their dental professions examined by competition authorities to determine whether consumers were receiving value for money from their dentists[6]. Both countries’ professions were criticised for a lack of pricing transparency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_implant

Cost

The price of dental implants varies greatly between countries. In the United Kingdom, a single tooth implant with crown generally costs between £2000-£2800 depending on the type of crown used. Similarly, in the United States, implants average around $2500, (DP - Half price then) in addition to the cost of the crown. The cost of full mouth reconstructions with implants begin around $12000 per arch, and can approach $50000, depending on the complexity of the case. In Israel, single implants begin around 5000 NIS, comparable to Turkey and Egypt where they begin around 700-800$.

Why pay UK Dentists, who are the most expensive in the world, and who are all foreigners anyway.
                      PM here keeps going to Hungary to get work done. Less than half the price apparently

Comment

Working...
                      X