• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tax Fraudbuster sacked !!"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    Are you back in blighty then?

I hope you are popping back to Denmark for the British Ambassador's Christmas bash.
    Nah, he's been there, shagged it!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Nah, it's hovvering about zero. Lovely balmy day oop north. Although I do with the sun would break through, it's still a little too dark yet.
    Are you back in blighty then?

I hope you are popping back to Denmark for the British Ambassador's Christmas bash.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Nah, it's hovvering about zero. Lovely balmy day oop north. Although I do with the sun would break through, it's still a little too dark yet.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    But, my dear little pooch, I don't have to work.

Yet, I am going out shortly with my lovely Husqvarna chain saw and my collection of sharpened axes to chop some wood up for the fire. I could have one of the farm hands use the machines, but there's something so relaxing about doing stuff oneself.

Then I might take a cycle ride down to one of the clients to see how how much surfing my staff are doing.
    Or, as it's cold out there Threaded, you could stay in and have another pie.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    But, my dear little pooch, I don't have to work.

Yet, I am going out shortly with my lovely Husqvarna chain saw and my collection of sharpened axes to chop some wood up for the fire. I could have one of the farm hands use the machines, but there's something so relaxing about doing stuff oneself.

Then I might take a cycle ride down to one of the clients to see how how much surfing my staff are doing.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    If it was my wife she would have had to work really hard to win that contract.
    Perhaps if you'd worked a bit harder you wouldn't be as fat. Still as ugly, but not as fat.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    If it was my wife she would have had to work really hard to win that contract.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by ruth11 View Post
    I'm not sure I see the problem here. They had a need for HR consultation, his wife does this for a living through her own business. They hire her. What does it matter that she's his wife if she actually did what was required?
    You really think that it was a fair bidding process or negotiations on a sensible rate. Essentially he was giving money to a company he had a vested interest in.

When you get to positions like "head of fraud buster" you really need to be squeaky clean - certainly so in sensitive political areas.

There was a definite conflict of interest in this case - what does he place higher his wifes business or getting a good job done. Ok, she may have done an excellent job but he should at least have got a higher authority to clear it / be the main person in the bidding process.

How would you like it if your contract was terminated and you were replaced with your client contact's wife?

When I am doing a warehouse deign and looking at suitable 3PLs I always compile a list of interactions I have had with them / the major bidders for management so that there is no come back to me if they suddenly discover that I used to work for DHL or have awarded them 3 contracts in the past. I can't afford to hide such basic stuff from them.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I bet they did not include Gordon into these calculations!
    surely he's not up to it as well !!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    New Treasury figures also show a large number of cases of fraud committed by HMRC employees.
    I bet they did not include Gordon into these calculations!

Leave a comment:

• ruth11
    replied
    I'm not sure I see the problem here. They had a need for HR consultation, his wife does this for a living through her own business. They hire her. What does it matter that she's his wife if she actually did what was required?

There's a lot this article doesn't say.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I liked this bit.

New Treasury figures also show a large number of cases of fraud committed by HMRC employees.

By value, fraud cases in 2006/07 account for nearly half of all the fraud committed by government employees across 28 departments and agencies.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Well, when IR sells real estate to lease it back from an offshore company, then what's suprising in this minor issue?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    started a topic Tax Fraudbuster sacked !!

Tax Fraudbuster sacked !!

This is just amazing......

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/...n_page_id=1770

Working...
X