• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Midlife crisis

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Midlife crisis"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I've caught myself considering a Porsche, an XK8, and even more worrying, a Westfield 7...
    Live a little and get all 3

Leave a comment:

• PropertyCrashUK
    replied
    Start here...

Well, you can start here and go view this, listen to the words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77VBBU1RNWo

and then here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b64Ca...eature=related

and then read this;

'The Joy of Burnout - How the end of the world can be a new beginning' by Dina Glouberman

Consider a holiday here;

http://www.skyros.co.uk

Or you can have the heart attack, or the break down, or the panic attacks, or the breathing problems, or the agroaphobia or all of them and end up in A&E several times.

Mid life crisis are much joked about but many die and many get completely ****ed up by them.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Been there, done it

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Don't ask me mate, I've never had a midlife crisis!

Now, where's the keys to my Boxster and my leather trousers.....

Of course, godlike beings don't need them!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    That's what I thought.

So suddenly dying your hair blue, shagging students and riding Harleys is a sort of "grab what you can with what's left" kind of reaction.

How long does this last?
    Don't ask me mate, I've never had a midlife crisis!

Now, where's the keys to my Boxster and my leather trousers.....

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Yes, a sort of "fook, it's all downhill from here on in" mindset.

Body, mind and soul

That's what I thought.

So suddenly dying your hair blue, shagging students and riding Harleys is a sort of "grab what you can with what's left" kind of reaction.

How long does this last?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    Isn't midlife crisis the point when you suddenly realise that the vague future you dream of, where all things are possible, is behind you?
    Yes, a sort of "fook, it's all downhill from here on in" mindset.

Body, mind and soul

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Anyone had one, having one or just looking foreward to having one.
    You can never be sure when you are at mid-life and therefore a mid-life crisis has no reason to exist.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Two of my neighbours (both in their 50s) have bought Harleys in the last year.

They use them about once a month, driving very slowly and wobbly aound Surrey before bringing them back to be lovingly polished for a couple of hours.

My midlife crisis is going to be more fun than that.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Isn't midlife crisis the point when you suddenly realise that the vague future you dream of, where all things are possible, is behind you?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    what did he do after that?
    Shagged them - 2 of them, not at the same time I don't think but then I left him!

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I thought only old women dyed thier hair blue?
    I know

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
    Take a look at one of those lists of "100 things to do before you die", pick some you fancy doing and just get on with it. Do you want to be on your death bed thinking "I wish I'd done xxxxx".
    1. Take your head out of the oven.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by WotNxt View Post

Do you want to be on your death bed thinking "I wish I'd done xxxxx".

Where xxxxx is a girls name?

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I thought only old women dyed thier hair blue?
    No, there was that bloke in X-Men 2. But he was a film character so not the same really, I suppose.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• WotNxt
    replied
    Anyone had one, having one or just looking foreward to having one.
    Pre-empt it to reduce the shock and prolong the pleasurable aspects.

e.g. start it early, say around age 30 and make it last as long as possible.

Far more fun. Besides I probably won't make it to "mid-life" age anyway what with my "enjoy life while it lasts outlook" so best to start early or I would just miss out.

Take a look at one of those lists of "100 things to do before you die", pick some you fancy doing and just get on with it. Do you want to be on your death bed thinking "I wish I'd done xxxxx".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X