• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Drunk driver attacked me this morning on Roskildevej"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    you should have just turned on the man love Threaded, then he'd have run a mile, or if your luck really was in he'd have..... <shudder>
    That's what Stephen Fry suggested to deal with bullies. "Please don't hit me, I'll only get an erection".

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by MobileCheese View Post
    My ex, once had a bloke run up to her car as she was driving over a bridge, starting kicking the drivers door in, then just turned round and ran and jumped off the bridge commiting suicide, some ill people out there these days.
    come on, she wasn't that ugly was she

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Risky

Don't you think it's risking life and limb going on a bike with or without having to stop for a fight.
    I'd use a nice 4wd to cope with the weather and roads in Scandinavia.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    He must have been really pi55ed to miss a target that big.
    Absolutely.

You could really smell the drink.

Shows how easy a car is to drive. Maybe too easy.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    He must have been really pi55ed to miss a target that big.

Leave a comment:

• MobileCheese
    replied
    My ex, once had a bloke run up to her car as she was driving over a bridge, starting kicking the drivers door in, then just turned round and ran and jumped off the bridge commiting suicide, some ill people out there these days.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    True, I am exceedingly fit, and contary to popular notions it ain't fat, it's muscle. I am also ex needing-'em-not-feeding-'em army. Always worry that in such situation the switch might flip back on. So I am quite concerned I would do significant damage before I realised.

Hence, the use of l33t cycling skillz to avoid the confrontation is the best solution I feel.
    My father was the same, ex officer, amateur boxer and weight lifter. I recall his 'advice' to me on dealing with people in violent situations and that was that one should be very careful because people are so fragile. Eek. His ‘army talk’ was something to behold and extremely effective too, turning people all sorts of colours. Never seen anything else like it.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    you should have just turned on the man love Threaded, then he'd have run a mile, or if your luck really was in he'd have..... <shudder>
    Hmm, think you're on to something there. If claret looks imminent, then that would be a fantastic insult to ensure he throws the first punch.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    True, I am exceedingly fit, and contary to popular notions it ain't fat, it's muscle. I am also ex needing-'em-not-feeding-'em army. Always worry that in such situation the switch might flip back on. So I am quite concerned I would do significant damage before I realised.

Hence, the use of l33t cycling skillz to avoid the confrontation is the best solution I feel.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Very interesting Mr threadedd.

If you listen to cyclists here you would think that every driver in Britain is a psycho out to kill you and Europe is a panacea of car and bicycle integration and harmony.

Apparently not.
    I'd rather take my chances on the open road than the cyclepaths in Denmark. The cyclepaths give way too much of a sense of safety that is really not there.

I've only ever seen cyclists rear ended by a car when they've been on a cyclepath, for example.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It was dark. He is a drunk. You are a fit cyclist. Hmm.

Why didn't you knock his light out and nick his car too? I woudn't condone such things of course.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Very interesting Mr threadedd.

If you listen to cyclists here you would think that every driver in Britain is a psycho out to kill you and Europe is a panacea of car and bicycle integration and harmony.

Apparently not.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It was dark. He is a drunk. You are a fit cyclist. Hmm.

Why didn't you knock his light out and nick his car too? I woudn't condone such things of course.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    No, that wasn't what he was shouting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X