• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Finished my MBA!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Finished my MBA!"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    An MBA. An MCSE in Windows NT would have been quicker, easier and a lot more useful in securing good pay.

Well done.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Oh dear, this is not the best of times to break into Investment Banking.

The same thing happened to me, finished a part-time business degree only to discover all management consultants in crisis. Never used it

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    Finish my current contract in January, take some time off and try to break into investment banking or start a business or something...

Or bugger off to Sydney and go surfing every day!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Well done Beaky, what's your plan.

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
    Grow pointy hair and learn how to create pointless Gantt charts...
    That's what I do already!

Leave a comment:

• MobileCheese
    replied
    Well done ! 6 years lot of commitment there. I did a BA in Business Studies that was enough for me, I do think about doing an MBA though as sylabus (spelling !) is quite simular, and MBAs like it or not open doors. Mate of mine got made Head Of Fixed Income Technology at a large IB last year age 31 !, though he was naturally bright he recons it was the MBA that secured it.

Leave a comment:

• RandyW
    replied
    Originally posted by beaker View Post
    Woohoo!

I seriously thought I'd fail my last exam, but actually just missed out on a distinction! Finally finished 6 years of nights and weekends buried in the books.

Need to work out what to do with my life now!

Well done beaker

In answer to your last sentence, you should ask beaker

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Grow pointy hair and learn how to create pointless Gantt charts...

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Good job dude. My MBA App was declined by Stanford and Harvard, did not want to get a noddy degree - I've got those already

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Woohoo!

I seriously thought I'd fail my last exam, but actually just missed out on a distinction! Finally finished 6 years of nights and weekends buried in the books.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    Woohoo!
    Well done!

Take a break for a bit, you've earned it. Give yourself 3 months off: do nothing other than research into your options in that time.

A friend of mine found out today that after 11 years of study she is now a lawyer. (No, not a criminal lawyer, so she's OK!)

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Well done Mr Beaker MBA. Could you sum up in a paragraph what was interesting about an MBA course and what you learnt?

Leave a comment:

• SuperFranco
    replied
    Woohoo!

Congratulations. Are you planning to become a zombie manager now?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Congratulations - hard work pays off, or so they say.

Or you could have bought one for $100 off t'internet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X