• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New watch

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New watch"

Collapse

• WotNxt
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    We divers have a name for people like you - It's not nice and I shan't repeat it for risk of getting banned - again!
    PM it to me?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by WotNxt View Post
    Well mine says 300m on it and has the double clasp for easy fitting on the outside of your wetsuit.

I'm not a diver though (well, not that sort anyway) so I can't vouch for its abilities in the water. Only had it a year - last years Xmas pressie from other half ;-)

I didn't get it for bling but because I feel the plain understatedness and veiled quality fit with my own view of myself.

Also for when those times a girl asks you the time just to see what kind of watch you are wearing so she can work out if you are worth talking to a little longer ;-) Plastic just doesn't cut the mustard in those situations, does it.
    We divers have a name for people like you - It's not nice and I shan't repeat it for risk of getting banned - again!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Gosh, I've never lived in a red-light district but I have worked in a few!

When leaving the office after working late and having to leave via the back entrance because the front doors were locked I often had ladies ask if I was looking for business.

I must have set my prices a little high since strangely I never managed to turn any of these leads into actual sales.
    Sounds like an ideal job, except for the lack of sales. A bit of a bummer when you have to pay them.

Leave a comment:

• WotNxt
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    As somebody who's lived in a red-light district, I can assure you that when you're walking down the street and a woman asks "Have you got the time, deary" she's not actually looking for a conversation
    Gosh, I've never lived in a red-light district but I have worked in a few!

When leaving the office after working late and having to leave via the back entrance because the front doors were locked I often had ladies ask if I was looking for business.

I must have set my prices a little high since strangely I never managed to turn any of these leads into actual sales.

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    Originally posted by RandyW View Post
    £200,000

Threaded
    2.5k - money well spent though, I could sell it for that again now if I wanted to (bought it 5 years or so ago)

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I feel the plain understatedness and veiled quality fit with my own view of myself.

Also for when those times a girl asks you the time just to see what kind of watch you are wearing so she can work out if you are worth talking to a little longer ;-)
    As somebody who's lived in a red-light district, I can assure you that when you're walking down the street and a woman asks "Have you got the time, deary" she's not actually looking for a conversation

Leave a comment:

• RandyW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Anyone who pays more than £20 for a watch needs their head examined.
    £200,000

Threaded

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Underwater welding & residual current sorted it right out. It acted like a sacrificial anode

Pretty sure that's not covered in the warranty, but you can't really blame the watch - right tool for the job & all that.

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
    Lasted about 9 years before the battery went, by then I fancied a change so ...
    I thought you'd say that you divorced her and married younger one who made you forget about watches...

Leave a comment:

• r0bly0ns
    replied
    My wife bought me a Seiko as a wedding present (£100).

Lasted about 9 years before the battery went, by then I fancied a change so she bought me another Seiko for Christmas last year, slightly more expensive (she won't say how much more), but it gave up the ghost about a week ago, convieniently 12 months and 3 weeks after she bought it........

So I'm gonna get a new battery for the first one

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Whenever I need to check time I teleport in front of Big Ben - if I happen to be late I teleport and go back in time to be just where and when I needed to be in the first place.

Oh, and at home I use solar watch gifted to me by Archimedus, though cheeky fellow he was with all that back slapping, I still liked him.

threaded

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I had a Seiko Kinetic, after about 3 years the battery wouldn't hold a charge which defeated the object a bit and at £90 for a replacement battery it’s hardly economical, I now have Breil (swinky seiko) and the battery costs £2.99 every 5 years.
    3 years i have had my latest one (auto relay) for 2 now so hopefully it won't stop in the next 9 months. Previously i had the normal Kinetic (big chunky one) and have had this for 6year no problem and am wearing in right now.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I have a Zodiac from about 10 years ago. still working fine. And the battery lasts about 5 years. Cost me about £150 then. Worth every penny as I've not had to buy a watch since.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    I think Citizen do one that is solar powered, has the kinetic gubbins and sets itself off the atomic clock in Rugby (or wherever you are). That's arguably the watch for a contractor, getting off planes all the time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X