• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is CUK becoming a clique?"

Collapse

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    There must be about 70 regular posters on here, about 50 are contractors.
    The other 20 are sockies then?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    BP, you may have taken NLUK's advice to use the search function a little far.
    You asked about cliques!

Anyway - NLUK is poster of the year so must be right....

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

If clientcos ever got together and sent in a invoice to CUK for our billable time spent posting on here admin would be working till 3012.
    Nah, just outsourced to Bob, plenty admin much cheapness

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

If clientcos ever got together and sent in a invoice to CUK for our billable time spent posting on here admin would be working till 3012.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    BP, you may have taken NLUK's advice to use the search function a little far.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I don't wanna be a member of any club that will allow me to be a member!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Definetly not.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    This thread says more about Baggy's loser psychology than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Surely Clique only applies if people are excluded. As far as I am aware everyone was/is invited to any meet ups.

Do some people on here know each other better than others...yes. That doesn't make it a Clique.
    I've been in a so-called clique of footballers and a clique of cricketers, and in both cases all of us "members" denied it too. I eventually learned that what defines a clique as much as anything is the perception of the many people outside it who, rightly or wrongly, think they are being excluded.

But I agree with you, that it can't be helped. Not everyone wants to go to CUK meets (I don't), they are happy with simple online banter. They will naturally miss out on a lot of the chat, and by definition will be "excluded" from it, but that's life.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    I think its more a case of being judged on who you are 'friends' with and not what you say. Its not cliquey in a cool kids exclusive kind of a way, well it is, but I am the only member of that clique. The other clique is just like a computer club clique. Anyone can join, but if you dont join and make fun of one of them, you will have the wrath of the nerd squad unleashed upon you.
    Harsh but true, who is the geek leader?

It's fat, it's round...

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I think its more a case of being judged on who you are 'friends' with and not what you say. Its not cliquey in a cool kids exclusive kind of a way, well it is, but I am the only member of that clique. The other clique is just like a computer club clique. Anyone can join, but if you dont join and make fun of one of them, you will have the wrath of the nerd squad unleashed upon you.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Surely Clique only applies if people are excluded. As far as I am aware everyone was/is invited to any meet ups.

Do some people on here know each other better than others...yes. That doesn't make it a Clique.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I don't mind it becoming a clique if I am in...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Becoming, yes. It's inevitable when some members start having real-life CUK meets and parties.

But does it matter?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Yes - I blame the newbies.

Or the oldies.

Or someone.

Where's milan to tell me who's fault it is?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X