• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK Reader Awards 2007"

Collapse

• tay
    replied
    I think that would send her into an indignation tail spin.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    A perfectly pointless exercise that only serves to reinforce the myth that there are such things as good or bad EBs. God knows why this forum is called Contractor UK. I think Recruiter UK would be a better name for it - only it can't be called that because I think there is already another one. The rest is simply a sycophantic popularity contest vote amongst CUK cliques and friends. As for the other votes. Everyone has different experiences of using accountants, depending on who their account manager or accountant is. All job boards generally carry the same ads, so how can we vote on those?

What readers won't find out is if there genuinely is a good or bad EB that offers something meaningful to contractors over and above the rest; nor will we get to appreciate who is the best poster on here, or who started the best thread etc.

I suggest we veto the vote on the grounds that the categories are entitled 'best contractor agency' (there is no such thing as a contractor agency because recruitment agencies are for placing permie staff, not contractors); they've referred to job boards for contractors (but we're not applying for jobs).

Don't reinforce the lies, bust them apart instead!
    Can I vote for Denny?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    This looks boring. I thought it would be a thread about which of us had spent a year reading total guff from AtW about squirrels without resorting to too much abuse.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    And your point is?

Oops - wrong login...
    I knew it!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    See I told you so.
    And your point is?

Oops - wrong login...

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by chicane View Post
    No, that's the Business and Accounting/Legal forums. Nowadays, General is for arguments, insults and discussion about irrelevant issues. Dwelling on the good ol' days will do you no good.
    you must be kidding, the General forum is incredibly politically correct nowadays by comparison to the old days, in the old days there were hardly any moderation (well there was moderators, but they didn't care who said what, the racism, sexism, insults you see now is nothing compared with the old days

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    ...and you're point is????????

....welll whatever it is, if there was one, that is, it's bound to be irrelevant so don't bother answering
    See I told you so.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    See I told you so.
    ...and you're point is????????

....welll whatever it is, if there was one, that is, it's bound to be irrelevant so don't bother answering.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Go away, you irritating little gnat.
    See I told you so.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    You are quite right, but its rather irrelevant to my point. You are one of the most negative, condescending and atagonistic people I have ever read. Keep up the good work, its most entertaining.
    Go away, you irritating little gnat.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I was under the distinct impression that this forum was for discussions about contractor/business issues and was not a virtual social gathering.

No, That is what your accountant is for

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I was under the distinct impression that this forum was for discussions about contractor/business issues and was not a virtual social gathering.
    You are quite right, but its rather irrelevant to my point. You are one of the most negative, condescending and atagonistic people I have ever read. Keep up the good work, its most entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    I'm with you there Denny, but remember that CUK is a broad church...
    So broad is this 'church', Wendigo, it contains people of many faiths. Probably explains why we don't all see eye to eye.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied

I'm with you there Denny, but remember that CUK is a broad church...

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied

No, that's the Business and Accounting/Legal forums. Nowadays, General is for arguments, insults and discussion about irrelevant issues. Dwelling on the good ol' days will do you no good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X