• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fashion

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fashion"

Collapse

• Zorba
    replied
    Seeing as I'm thinking of buying a pair of trousers this weekend because the pair I'm currently wearing have actually got a dobbing great hole in the intra-leg area, I'd say I'm not fashionable.

And before you ask, no it's not in a rude place.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How fashionable are you?

See poll.
    Considering my sister works for George Davies I really should give more of a flying **** than I do.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    I assume, then, that you are still wearing Spandex Loons!
    Spandex is only for gay cyclists & Loons are for hippie wannabees

loin cloth fer me

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Fashion is just a marketing ruse for making gullible people change their wardrobes every six months.

HTH
    I assume, then, that you are still wearing Spandex Loons!

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Re-cycled dresses

Even clothing adjectives have trends.

It used to be the case that 'old tat' was ....well....'old tat' and only fit for the Oxfam bin or church jumble. Only poor people bought them and no one would dream admit they were wearing 'hand-me-downs' even if they did walk around stinking of mothballs.

Now the same 'old tat' has been re-branded 'vintage' and you can now cheerfully flog it to an up market dress reseller for half their re-sale price. What's more celebrities and business executives are ready to pounce the minute they hit the rails and snap them up. Worse still, when someone compliments them on what they're wearing, the wearer blows it complete by boasting that they only paid £5.50 for something that looks like it should have cost hundreds....and they expect you to be suitably impressed by their bargain hunting prowess.

I'm not.

Just goes to show how daft people really are.
    Last edited by Denny; 20 November 2007, 13:16.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Fashion is just a marketing ruse for making gullible people change their wardrobes every six months.
    As someone said 'style' is what you should be aiming for
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

fascists
    fascists what?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I'm not so much interested in fashion as style. I have a style, I buy clothes in keeping with that style, if fashion moves on - it's fashion's problem, not mine.

fascists

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I'm not so much interested in fashion as style. I have a style, I buy clothes in keeping with that style, if fashion moves on - it's fashion's problem, not mine.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    If the mullet can be fashionable not once but twice in 20 years we know something is badly wrong with it
    Fashion,a thing so ugly they have to change it every six months
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 November 2007, 16:02.

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    I transcend fashion

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Originally posted by To BI or not to BI? View Post
    Ther new fashion is not to be fashionable, so I am, but then I am not, which means that I am.....
    and that's quite in style with my character

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I'm very with it, I don't buy anything without consulting trashbat.co.ck

http://www.trashbat.co.ck/

Leave a comment:

• To BI or not to BI?
    replied
    Ther new fashion is not to be fashionable, so I am, but then I am not, which means that I am.....

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a poll Fashion

Fashion

Yes, I am bang up to date. A fashion guru. Flares are sooo last week.
    33.33%
    Whatever Primark have this season is fine by me.
    20.83%
    I make Dr Who look trendy and hip. What's wrong with drainpipes and tanktops?
    25.00%
    I follow AndyW
    20.83%
    How fashionable are you?

See poll.

Working...
X