• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fashion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-cycled dresses

Even clothing adjectives have trends.

It used to be the case that 'old tat' was ....well....'old tat' and only fit for the Oxfam bin or church jumble. Only poor people bought them and no one would dream admit they were wearing 'hand-me-downs' even if they did walk around stinking of mothballs.

Now the same 'old tat' has been re-branded 'vintage' and you can now cheerfully flog it to an up market dress reseller for half their re-sale price. What's more celebrities and business executives are ready to pounce the minute they hit the rails and snap them up. Worse still, when someone compliments them on what they're wearing, the wearer blows it complete by boasting that they only paid £5.50 for something that looks like it should have cost hundreds....and they expect you to be suitably impressed by their bargain hunting prowess.

I'm not.

Just goes to show how daft people really are.
    Last edited by Denny; 20 November 2007, 13:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Fashion is just a marketing ruse for making gullible people change their wardrobes every six months.

HTH
      I assume, then, that you are still wearing Spandex Loons!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        I assume, then, that you are still wearing Spandex Loons!
        Spandex is only for gay cyclists & Loons are for hippie wannabees

loin cloth fer me

HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          How fashionable are you?

See poll.
          Considering my sister works for George Davies I really should give more of a flying **** than I do.

Comment

Seeing as I'm thinking of buying a pair of trousers this weekend because the pair I'm currently wearing have actually got a dobbing great hole in the intra-leg area, I'd say I'm not fashionable.

And before you ask, no it's not in a rude place.

Comment

Working...
            X