• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Your solutions to major world issues"

Collapse

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I'm the Dude, so that's what you call me. Or maybe His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Makes me think of a Paul Calf sketch about a ****in’ student writing a ****in’ cheque for a bag o’ chips.
    The Big Lebowski starts of with The Dude writing a cheque at the supermarket for a carton of milk... still in dressing gown too

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Makes me think of a Paul Calf sketch about a ****in’ student writing a ****in’ cheque for a bag o’ chips.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Group of students in a pub, each buying their own drinks ... with credit cards.mad
    Good one. You could of course extend that to students paying for anything anywhere...can of coke and a packet of matches - on the card of course

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Group of students in a pub, each buying their own drinks ... with credit cards.mad
    I used to work in bar.
    Groups of blokes always bought rounds
    Groups of girls typically got their own drinks - pain in the arse!

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    People not respecting ones personal space. I had someone brush past me the other day when I was queuing in a shop, and to add insult to injury when queuing behind me, brushed me again with his newspaper! Aaaarggg!!! I wanted to line him up against the wall and give him a jolly good talking to.
    You should have turned to him and said "Hmm I feel horny"

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    People not respecting ones personal space. I had someone brush past me the other day when I was queuing in a shop, and to add insult to injury when queuing behind me, brushed me again with his newspaper! Aaaarggg!!! I wanted to line him up against the wall and give him a jolly good talking to.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    They're ignorant, mad bastards in Greece. There I was displaying a huge amount of courtesy and giving them that nice friendly wave where you just hold your hand up for a second. They were tootin' and waving fists back at me. Christ knows what they're like if someone gets a bit aggressive or offensive.
    I had some of the most interesting driving experiences ever in Greece. One time we got lost on a long windy mountain road (one of those ones with little graves where people have had fatal accidents all along it) for about ½ an hour in the pitch black. When we finally made it back to civilisation and streetlights I went over a huge pothole making a horrendous noise then an owl flew into the windscreen. I’ll never forget it

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    They're ignorant, mad bastards in Greece. There I was displaying a huge amount of courtesy and giving them that nice friendly wave where you just hold your hand up for a second. They were tootin' and waving fists back at me. Christ knows what they're like if someone gets a bit aggressive or offensive.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    People who don't understand roundabouts. Including those who never give way, and those who insist on giving way when they should pull out.
    Have you ever tried driving in Greece?

The rule there is that if you are on a roundabout and someone wants to join you have to stop for them. As this makes no sense at all people tend to ignore it and follow the more conventional way - but not everyone. So basically you just don't know and have to guess - loads of fun!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    and those who insist on giving way when they should pull out.
    Reminds me of a coversation between Bush Snr and Dubya
    Bush Snr: Son your making the same mistake in Iraq as I did with your mother
    Dubya: What's that?
    Bush Snr: Not pulling out soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    People who don't understand roundabouts. Including those who never give way, and those who insist on giving way when they should pull out.
    Bus drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Crosby View Post
    I think you'll find they shop every day of the week buying just 2 tins of cat food on each visit....
    Maybe they know something we don't

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X