• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: roflmfao

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "roflmfao"

Collapse

• Damp Cave
    replied
    Sounds like what usually happens

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    just as an aside

Brothers wife walked out on him & 4 young kids earlier this year to have an affair with a married man - set herself up in a flat (which she expected brother to contribute financially towards)

They put their house on the market and accepted an offer recently & divorce proceedings are underway citing unreasonable behaviour on his part.

Wife has now moved out of rented flat into a girlfriends place but is suggesting the following:

She should move back into ex family home to be with the kids (her lover has announced he will not leave his family) and Brother should move out to allow this

She is also voicing concerns that if they split the capital on the house sale then he would fritter it away leaving the kids with nothing, and therefore she
    should get it all!!

His work commitments means the only non working day he has over Christmas is Christmas day itself, she turned up last week at the house saying she wanted kids on Christmas Day and he was being bl00dy selfish keeping kids from their mother on a special day

Anyone been through anything similar? my own view is that he should stay put and let the house sale go through.. not sure what happens if she refuses to go through with the sale though!!
    About right.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    I know a contractor whose wife left the marital home to have an affair. After the divorce he had the home and custody of the children. The fact that she left and he was the one in the home looking after the children made a big difference.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I just earwigged a conversation of two women about their modern family situation

"yes I told him he has to have him at 4pm, that way I win, he can only have him when I want him to, I won't let him win"

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk View Post
    The kids are supposed to stay there. So more (or some) contact with them. Also courts will almost never order someone out without somewhere to go to.

I made the mistake of leaving and know several who have - no-one has ever said its been worth it.
    I suspect that is why she is now trying to get back in

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    Why not?
    The kids are supposed to stay there. So more (or some) contact with them. Also courts will almost never order someone out without somewhere to go to.

I made the mistake of leaving and know several who have - no-one has ever said its been worth it.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    NEVER NEVER NEVER leave the marital home
    Why not?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I could off her. I do have to charge VAT though.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I would give advice.. but I suspect my advice would be tinged with a high level of ignorance as I suspect only someone who has gone through similar can relate with the emotions involved.

Must be a god awful situation.
    Please don't get involved - keep your sanity. Its fine to see men taken to the brink of suicide (at best) - but the affect on children is really distressing...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    If you know divorce is on the cards what's to stop you from giving away your assets to a family member and them gifting you them back afterwards, or 'loaning' you the money?
    They usually go back a year - unless any suspicion of foul play like above. well - obviously women are perfect and can do what they want - but men get heavily peanilized.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    just as an aside

Brothers wife walked out on him & 4 young kids earlier this year to have an affair with a married man - set herself up in a flat (which she expected brother to contribute financially towards)

They put their house on the market and accepted an offer recently & divorce proceedings are underway citing unreasonable behaviour on his part.

Wife has now moved out of rented flat into a girlfriends place but is suggesting the following:

She should move back into ex family home to be with the kids (her lover has announced he will not leave his family) and Brother should move out to allow this

She is also voicing concerns that if they split the capital on the house sale then he would fritter it away leaving the kids with nothing, and therefore she
    should get it all!!

His work commitments means the only non working day he has over Christmas is Christmas day itself, she turned up last week at the house saying she wanted kids on Christmas Day and he was being bl00dy selfish keeping kids from their mother on a special day

Anyone been through anything similar? my own view is that he should stay put and let the house sale go through.. not sure what happens if she refuses to go through with the sale though!!
    NEVER NEVER NEVER leave the marital home - Troll you give excellent advice. Not much of a troll really are you! :-)

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    If you know divorce is on the cards what's to stop you from giving away your assets to a family member and them gifting you them back afterwards, or 'loaning' you the money?

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Yes but as result of this topic I have this strange emotion that I am very unfamiliar with arising within me..... I think its called empathy

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I would give advice.. but I suspect my advice would be tinged with a high level of ignorance
    Eh, when has that ever made any difference on here? It's what we do best.

How do you think AtW has such a high post count?

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I would give advice.. but I suspect my advice would be tinged with a high level of ignorance as I suspect only someone who has gone through similar can relate with the emotions involved.

Must be a god awful situation.

Leave a comment:

• robnjc
    replied
    He should stick to his guns and seek legal advice pdq. She's deserted him and the children once, she's obviously fickle, who's to say she will do not it again, plus making unreasonable demands about Xmas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X