• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good illustration of Chav Jealousy"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Not really trashed.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    So if a bunch of blokes with short hair all get together and get on a train to another town and watch a football match then trash the place, its alright as everyone knows whats going to happen?
    Your clue was in the name of the poster.

Sometimes little <name removed> gets ideas above his station.
    Last edited by ferret; 18 November 2007, 21:36. Reason: Removed personal details

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Criminal damage, what rot. Everyone knows what is going to happen, it's all rather stylised really.

You've just got to live with the fact that some people get more of the pie, and them that don't get any really ought to know their place.
    So if a bunch of blokes with short hair all get together and get on a train to another town and watch a football match then trash the place, its alright as everyone knows whats going to happen?

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Criminal damage, what rot. Everyone knows what is going to happen, it's all rather stylised really.

You've just got to live with the fact that some people get more of the pie, and them that don't get any really ought to know their place.
    Freudian slip?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Point taken, and the behaviour demonstrated here is appalling, but ....

....there was a Peter Hitchen's documentary a while back about David Cameron and his 'jolly good chap ..what' upper class antics with the Bolinger Club, an exclusive Oxford network of Hooray Henries who do little more than don themselves up in expensive gear, costing thousands of quid, and drink themselves under the table, throw up everywhere and then trash the restaurant, usually departing with the words....."Daddy will settle the bill". This is the man, by the way, some of you want running the country.

Is that really any more excusable? Yobbishness is not good, but to just see it as simply the preserve of the jealous chav is just as misguided.
    You should see what Tony Blair got up to at Uni. Gordon, allegedly.

Leave a comment:

• wxman
    replied
    Actually it is the "Bullingdon Club"

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Who on earth said that I wasn't English?

I do know the class system and the law too.

The above example is called 'criminal damage' and it's a crime. Otherwise, why not go into Sainsbury take away a bag of goodies and shout to the manager on the way out "Daddy will take of these later." Is that any more acceptable, if we or are parents can afford to pay for our food?

This kind of upper class arrogance is one of the things that makes this country such a carppy place to live in. It's all one rule for them and another for the rest of us. We see it in other examples: failed CEOs who make an abysmal hash of running their organisations to non-profitability, but still getting huge payoffs when they're finally booted out. Ministers who have special perks and dispensations that the rest of the community dont' enjoy. Heads of organisations making huge errors of judgement but don't resign. PMs to take the country into an illegal war but escape justice and get jobs as Int'l ambassadors for peace.

At the other end of the scale, the end that most of us live, we have innocent people who've done nothing to deserve it at all being bullied out of their jobs with no compensation, employer exploitation and prejudice against minority groups.

It's a very unfair and unjust state of the world and this kind of symbolic arrogant ritualising does nothing to reassure me that Cameron is or could ever be a worthy representative of the ordinary hard working punter that relies on their labour to make a living.

Considering that Cameron is supposed to want to represent us as PM, I suggest that he's not a particularly good candidate for the job.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    What's your alternative? Cons are not ideal, but they sure as heck can't do worse than New Liebour, thought of thief Brown makes me
    Tonight, I want to speak about Britain’s unique place in the new world.
    And where, as a result, our responsibilities lie;
    How our national interest can be best advanced;
    And what we can achieve by working together internationally and by contributing to building the strongest and broadest sense of common purpose.

o this is our message - to ourselves, our allies, potential adversaries and people who, no matter how distant, are now our neighbours:
    Our hard-headed internationalism means we will never retreat from our responsibilities.
    At all times justice in jeopardy, security at risk, suffering that cries out will command our concern.

From the early years of this young century we can already discern what Britain, the first multinational state, has always known: that success requires that people of different races, religions and backgrounds learn to live in harmony with each other.

We have already seen what our values have taught us: that progress depends upon openness, freedom, democracy and fairness.

And we are finding that prosperity like peace is indivisible and to be sustained it has to be shared.

And we have learned too that without environmental sustainability, justice and prosperity are both imperilled and that the best route to long-term economic growth lies in action to tackle climate change.

These lessons are not an excuse to relax or rest or be complacent but a summons to act with utmost resolve.

For the pressing challenge for Britain and for the international community is to harness these insights in a sustained endeavour to reform and renew our global rules, institutions and networks.

Upon this rests our shared future:
    - a truly global society empowering people everywhere;
    - not yet here ---- but in this century within our grasp.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I doubt that he can cut the mustard at all, much less taxes
    What's your alternative? Cons are not ideal, but they sure as heck can't do worse than New Liebour, thought of thief Brown makes me

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    "Daddy will settle the bill" is exactly the point. If you can afford to trash the place, and you want to, what exactly is the problem? .
    Who on earth said that I wasn't English?

I do know the class system and the law too.

The above example is called 'criminal damage' and it's a crime. Otherwise, why not go into Sainsbury take away a bag of goodies and shout to the manager on the way out "Daddy will take of these later." Is that any more acceptable, if we or are parents can afford to pay for our food?

This kind of upper class arrogance is one of the things that makes this country such a crappy place to live in. It's all one rule for them and another for the rest of us. We see it in other examples: failed CEOs who make an abysmal hash of running their organisations to non-profitability, but still getting huge payoffs when they're finally booted out. Ministers who have special perks and dispensations that the rest of the community dont' enjoy. Heads of organisations making huge errors of judgement but don't resign. PMs to take the country into an illegal war but escape justice and get jobs as Int'l ambassadors for peace.

At the other end of the scale, the end that most of us live, we have innocent people who've done nothing to deserve it at all being bullied out of their jobs with no compensation, employer exploitation and prejudice against minority groups.

It's a very unfair and unjust state of the world and this kind of symbolic arrogant ritualising does nothing to reassure me that Cameron is or could ever be a worthy representative of the ordinary hard working punter that relies on their labour to make a living.

Considering that Cameron is supposed to want to represent us as PM, I suggest that he's not a particularly good candidate for the job.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Point taken, and the behaviour demonstrated here is appalling, but ....

....there was a Peter Hitchen's documentary a while back about David Cameron and his 'jolly good chap ..what' upper class antics with the Bolinger Club, an exclusive Oxford network of Hooray Henries who do little more than don themselves up in expensive gear, costing thousands of quid, and drink themselves under the table, throw up everywhere and then trash the restaurant, usually departing with the words....."Daddy will settle the bill". This is the man, by the way, some of you want running the country.

Is that really any more excusable? Yobbishness is not good, but to just see it as simply the preserve of the jealous chav is just as misguided.
    "Daddy will settle the bill" is exactly the point. If you can afford to trash the place, and you want to, what exactly is the problem? Trashing the place when you know full well the recipients of your ministrations will be out of pocket is just low life scumminess.

There were similar clubs at Cambridge. The restaurant owners knew full well what was going to happen and would put off their regulars, and charge us extra to cover the loss. Even get special staff in for the occasion. It's all part of the game.

Not being English I guess you don't quite get that it's a class thing.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So what's your problem with Cameron? I don't care if he was injecting hard drugs while at Eton, so long as he cuts taxes he can inject them right now for all I care.
    I doubt that he can cut the mustard at all, much less taxes, despite his rather impressive conference speech - all without notes - he's eager to demonstrate whilst telling all conference attendees and TV viewers how gimmick free his speech would be. His speech did contain some policies, at long last, but it was also noticably absent of how these policies would be funded. Didn't he also say that he intended to keep public expenditure at its current levels, not reduce it? I can't see how that will equate to tax cuts for anyone, let alone the much wanted ir35 chop for contractors.

Basically, 'crikey, old chap, what' Cameron is all Etonian toffee nosed spin and fluff and, worse still, is trying to emulate Tony Bliar too much.....and prudent Gor,r.r.r.r.d'n Brooown. In other words, voting for him will be a huge waste of energy and time. It will be a bit like getting off the sofa after a hard day at work to go to the kitchen to fetch a glass of water, when there's a perfectly good glass of water already in front of you.

His one and only ambition in life was to be top dog one day, not to be a newbie grandee of old Torism full of principles and conviction. My official amateur psychologist diagnosis is this: Cameron probably didn't make it to school prefect, got overlooked for Rugger captain, was never considered a good enough leader to be head boy, so he's making up for lost time now.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    On CUK, you rarely need more than a blunt instrument to get your point across, particularly to people like you.
    Aye. This instrument can't be blunter:

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    No.
    So what's your problem with Cameron? I don't care if he was injecting hard drugs while at Eton, so long as he cuts taxes he can inject them right now for all I care.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Denny isn't the sharpest tool in the tool shed.

What's your view on IR35 Denny? How about agencies?

On CUK, you rarely need more than a blunt instrument to get your point across, particularly to people like you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X