• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: A cat question.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A cat question."

Collapse

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    nearly - he was always depositing poo in fat freddie's shoe.
    And his headphones.

Ah, such fond memories.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat View Post
    But was this observed in a controlled environment? It could be the kids, how can you be sure its the cats?
    No, it's definately the cats (I've seen them doing it). As for it being the kids, you don't seriously expect a 16 y.o. to be out of bed before midday, do you?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Squirrels are ok. Not nearly as intelligent as some make out though. I used a little padlock from a christmas cracker to stop them pulling the bird feeder off and they still haven't managed to pick the lock.

PS Children are repulsive too, I asked for a suitable child repellant at my garden centre and they didn't have one. Gap in the market there.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 13 November 2007, 10:45.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'd give up. Your efforts are lost on this rabble.
    I thought Schrodiger was the philosopher - his cat is even worse!

No wonder he wanted to shoot it.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    nearly - he was always depositing poo in fat freddie's shoe.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    have they learnt to do what fat freddie's cat does?
    Did it shat on the mat?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    have they learnt to do what fat freddie's cat does?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    But was this observed in a controlled environment? It could be the kids, how can you be sure its the cats?
    Or the cats could be threatened with boxes and sub atomic particles.

Leave a comment:

• Schrodinger's Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Glad to see at least one scientifically educated dog on the board.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Schrodinger's Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Yes, as I said, they wake me up.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    You could try buying them a scratching post!!! This will dissuade them from using the wallpaper...
    They've got several. We even sprayed one with catnip to encourage them to use it.

How do you know it's the cat's that are scratching the wallpaper, were you in the room when they did it?
    Yes, as I said, they wake me up.

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    "I prefer dogs"
    Me too.

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Do they do it when you're awake too?
    Yes.

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Get a cheap water pistol and spray them every time they do it. Its harmless for the cats but they hate it and soon learn!
    Added bonus that water is odourless and nontoxic
    Trouble is, it's dark at 5am, but you're right they do hate it (we use that to warn them away from Mrs. W's budgies). So maybe I'll try it upstairs too.

Thanks for the suggestions (oh, and wendigo100, spot on! ).

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Mrs. W recently purchased two of the "little darlings", despite my fierce opposition (I was out-flanked when she enlisted the support of the kids). My question is this; short of zapping them with a cattle-prod, how can I disuade them from clawing the wallpaper.

Quite simply, you can't. But on the upside, Cattle prods are nowhere near as expensive as you might imagine

HTH

SB in "I prefer dogs" mode

PS No sarcy comments about the missus please, she is more of a Moose!!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    How do you know it's the cat's that are scratching the wallpaper, were you in the room when they did it?
    So that's what you look like with the lights on!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X