• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Desparately seeking plan B..."

Collapse

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The danger is that India close the loophole and sieze the property in the name of "fairness". The Indian people will support such a move and you will lose everything.

You have been warned.
    Hey! It's only fair!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The danger is that India close the loophole and sieze the property in the name of "fairness". The Indian people will support such a move and you will lose everything.
    Retrospective change in legislation? Never!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

You have been warned.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Invest in an emerging market, my plan B is building holiday apartment in Goa India.
    Interesting that. I thought the same when I was there, but I was told at the time, that the Indian government won't allow foreigners to invest in property,
    unless it's done via a company or something, and even that avenue will soon be closed apparently. Do you know any different?
    Last edited by Pinto; 9 November 2007, 13:52. Reason: to quickly correct spelling

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I am going for the 'bury my head in the sand and ignore the hell in handbasket scenario' ... working so far.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Plan C anyone
    It might be something involving a bank, ski masks, a shooter and a getaway vehicle.

Though I'd steer clear of Barclays, for obvious reasons.

(Disclaimer : In no way am I advocating robbing a bank. Particularly Barclays. Because they're brassic. And um, yeah, robbing banks is wrong.)

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    Jog On, is there a way to leverage this easily (or with additional capital investment) in order to increase the amount it returns?
    It depends on how what angle you go from, some people do affiliate marketing (selling other people's products for a commission), some people make their own e-products to sell (ebooks, software products), some people do clevcer things with ebay, some people do Google adsense (google awords ads on your site/blog that pay you every time a visitor clicks on them).

I've learnt that the most effective way to leverage is to build a list of opt in subscribers and market to them periodically, the larger the list and the more responsive the list the more money you make per offer you send out to them.

It's quite a large subject - PM me if you want to know more

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Invest in an emerging market, my plan B is building holiday apartment in Goa India. The economy is growing, and there will be a growing middle class who will be looking to take holidays. I also expect the value of the rupee to increase over the next few years.

The problem with some development in Eastern Europe is the locals can’t afford to buy or rent the property. The property exists in a bubble that can burst at any time.

Well that’s my plan B for the winter months, now on to plan C for the rest of the year.

Plan C anyone
    Yeah, good luck, maybe you can rent it to the abundance of street rats there.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    So, having been contracting for 2 years, I've got no debts (aside from the mortgage) and am fairly cash liquid. What's everyone else's plan B? Skiing flats in Bulgaria? Chip shop? Extortion rackets?
    Invest in an emerging market, my plan B is building holiday apartment in Goa India. The economy is growing, and there will be a growing middle class who will be looking to take holidays. I also expect the value of the rupee to increase over the next few years.

The problem with some development in Eastern Europe is the locals can’t afford to buy or rent the property. The property exists in a bubble that can burst at any time.

Well that’s my plan B for the winter months, now on to plan C for the rest of the year.

Plan C anyone

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Recruitment Consultant? lol

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Become an Insolvency agent...next big thing

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Internet marketing - doesn't take that much capital either, just learning curve
    Jog On, is there a way to leverage this easily (or with additional capital investment) in order to increase the amount it returns?

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    So, having been contracting for 2 years, I've got no debts (aside from the mortgage) and am fairly cash liquid. What's everyone else's plan B? Skiing flats in Bulgaria? Chip shop? Extortion rackets?
    I have a number of business plans that are ready for a cash injection and some additional resourcing.

in return for equity of course

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Loan sharking. Just invest in a couple of Eastern European heavies and you're away.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Internet marketing - doesn't take that much capital either, just learning curve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X