• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Level 3 boredom alert !!!!!"

Collapse

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Fran View Post
    Some of the funnier people in my gig have suggested I have tax meter on my desk that they can stop when I stop working!
    They wouldn't need a start button though...

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    Originally posted by Kess View Post
    I once toyed with the idea of creating a "Salary Counter", a little gadget (or small PC program lurking in the taskbar) that you could configure with your hourly rate and would then quietly tick up the £'s.

At least then, when you're bored, you could sit and watch the counter and think of the money rolling in...
    Some of the funnier people in my gig have suggested I have tax meter on my desk that they can stop when I stop working!

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    voting for Kylie would relieve some boredom!

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Oh right, I see!

Erm, I can only suggest the toilets for a spot of "hows your father" on your own then
    Also level 2 ! Don't worry I'm back to normal levels of boredom now and only 2.75 hours to go today.

Leave a comment:

• Kess
    replied
    I once toyed with the idea of creating a "Salary Counter", a little gadget (or small PC program lurking in the taskbar) that you could configure with your hourly rate and would then quietly tick up the £'s.

At least then, when you're bored, you could sit and watch the counter and think of the money rolling in...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Dimprawn runs the House price/BTL desk
    SASguru the random insult, self abuse, and gay affairs desk

Now THAT ought to get things started!!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Relieve the boredom by having a pointless circular argument with one of the members. Remember to abuse them when you can't be bothered. I suggest you start in the basement where

Dimprawn runs the House price/BTL desk
    SASguru the random insult, self abuse, and gay affairs desk

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    That's a level 2 response.
    Oh right, I see!

Erm, I can only suggest the toilets for a spot of "hows your father" on your own then

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    This is what Excel spreadsheets are for.

Plot your yearly accounts, both personal and business, mortgage paid off, any kind of financial masterpiece which will (a) remind you of why you are at work, and (b) keep you busy and consumed for a good ocuple of hours!
    That's a level 2 response.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    But I am not sure which is worse, boredom or countdown feaver.
    24 days to go, can't get any work done.
    Phew ! Just pulled back to level 2 when I noticed it was nearly lunchtime.

Countdown fever is good, put a chart on the wall for all to see and pee off your soon to be former colleagues. Also nobody will notice a missing 24 days of IT contract work.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Level 1 - normal everyday IT boredom
    Level 2 - monday morning, friday afternoon, and hangover levels of IT boredom
    Level 3 - in physical and mental pain and would normally pack up quietly, send resignation email and walk, but wife, kids, etc preventing this normal and rational response.

Suggestions please ?
    This is what Excel spreadsheets are for.

Plot your yearly accounts, both personal and business, mortgage paid off, any kind of financial masterpiece which will (a) remind you of why you are at work, and (b) keep you busy and consumed for a good ocuple of hours!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    There's also a Level 4.
    Level 4 - only way to relieve boredoom is to pack an uzi to work and wait for the first person to ask if you have done your TPS report.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    It can't be worse than having a hangover at work

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    But I am not sure which is worse, boredom or countdown feaver.
    24 days to go, can't get any work done.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Level 1 - normal everyday IT boredom
    Level 2 - monday morning, friday afternoon, and hangover levels of IT boredom
    Level 3 - in physical and mental pain and would normally pack up quietly, send resignation email and walk, but wife, kids, etc preventing this normal and rational response.

Suggestions please ?

Level 2a - meeting boredom
    (had a meeting last from 11.00am until 5.00pm with a break for lunch - then resumed at 9.30am the following morning until 11.30am)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X