• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Level 3 boredom alert !!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    There's also a Level 4.
    Level 4 - only way to relieve boredoom is to pack an uzi to work and wait for the first person to ask if you have done your TPS report.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      Level 1 - normal everyday IT boredom
      Level 2 - monday morning, friday afternoon, and hangover levels of IT boredom
      Level 3 - in physical and mental pain and would normally pack up quietly, send resignation email and walk, but wife, kids, etc preventing this normal and rational response.

Suggestions please ?
      This is what Excel spreadsheets are for.

Plot your yearly accounts, both personal and business, mortgage paid off, any kind of financial masterpiece which will (a) remind you of why you are at work, and (b) keep you busy and consumed for a good ocuple of hours!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        But I am not sure which is worse, boredom or countdown feaver.
        24 days to go, can't get any work done.
        Phew ! Just pulled back to level 2 when I noticed it was nearly lunchtime.

Countdown fever is good, put a chart on the wall for all to see and pee off your soon to be former colleagues. Also nobody will notice a missing 24 days of IT contract work.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          This is what Excel spreadsheets are for.

Plot your yearly accounts, both personal and business, mortgage paid off, any kind of financial masterpiece which will (a) remind you of why you are at work, and (b) keep you busy and consumed for a good ocuple of hours!
          That's a level 2 response.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            That's a level 2 response.
            Oh right, I see!

Erm, I can only suggest the toilets for a spot of "hows your father" on your own then
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Relieve the boredom by having a pointless circular argument with one of the members. Remember to abuse them when you can't be bothered. I suggest you start in the basement where

Dimprawn runs the House price/BTL desk
              SASguru the random insult, self abuse, and gay affairs desk
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Dimprawn runs the House price/BTL desk
                SASguru the random insult, self abuse, and gay affairs desk

Now THAT ought to get things started!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I once toyed with the idea of creating a "Salary Counter", a little gadget (or small PC program lurking in the taskbar) that you could configure with your hourly rate and would then quietly tick up the £'s.

At least then, when you're bored, you could sit and watch the counter and think of the money rolling in...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Oh right, I see!

Erm, I can only suggest the toilets for a spot of "hows your father" on your own then
                    Also level 2 ! Don't worry I'm back to normal levels of boredom now and only 2.75 hours to go today.

Comment

voting for Kylie would relieve some boredom!
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X