• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK phrases for newbies."

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Another thing for newbies is that some pedant will come along and correct the spelling mistakes.

internet
    :meme appreciation failure:

The "internets", or more specifically "teh internets" has been a phraseology used for some time now among the more "133t" internet users, taken from the LOLCATS site.

It's now becoming a bit tired, but because I'm still "down with the kids" I still use it.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    I nearly got diabetes reading RH's post.
    Assuming you have a normally functioning pancreas, then the post would not increase your blood sugar level. If you don't, then you probably already have diabetes.

It's not something that exposure to sugar or otherwise can induce.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Meaning I want to puke.

Is there any way that this site can be prevented from being a "love-in"?

Also, Mods, any chance of having a dog puking animated smiley?
    I'm not having a go at you!
    Seems to me, now that I'm working my way through all of these, is having a go at CM is exactly what you are doing.

It's almost CD behaviour - say something to get a response, get the response, then claim to be misunderstood. This isn't the first time that you've done it, and no doubt it won't be the last.

I hope you had the decency to apologise, though.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    This is the internets after all.
    Another thing for newbies is that some pedant will come along and correct the spelling mistakes.

internet

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    No more than you.
    But she is working on it

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Aww bless...

Is ickle churchypoop awl sad and unwuvved? Poorly puppy! Lets all give puppy some puppy wuppy fluffy love n cuddles. Aww... Itchycoo little itsybookums... it's alright little puppywuppy...

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Coffee keyboard interface moment
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ditto
    ditto ditto i got here late but it was worth it.
    Last edited by DS23; 30 October 2007, 12:17.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    You're so bloody agressive towards me all the time.

Perhaps I can explain. You see it all boils down to the huge aversion churchill has to anything that sounds, however tenuously, Irish/Celtic/Catholic. Not sure if it all stems back to his quirky Masonic roots, or to some trauma he experienced when in the Sea Scouts/RNR, but it is unquestionably a demon he perenially wrestles with, and the fallout blights his posts. Couple that to the fact that his missus keeps him on a short leash if you know what I mean, and you get the anally-retentive boor that we all witness on here. However, it is not all doom and gloom as I believe he is receiving counselling for his insecurity complex. Only time will tell if it has been money well spent. In the meantime best advice is just to ignore him. Most of us do!

HTH

SB in "Forgive him for he knows not what he doth" mode

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah yes how could I forget.
    Alzheimers?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Ditto

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Aww bless...

Is ickle churchypoop awl sad and unwuvved? Poorly puppy! Lets all give puppy some puppy wuppy fluffy love n cuddles. Aww... Itchycoo little itsybookums... it's alright little puppywuppy...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    You've got a cheek haven't you?!
    No more than you.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Aww bless...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Oh Lawd, Cailin can’t you see it, Churchill is just jealous, he wants some loving too… he really likes you, its just his silly way of attracting your attention – ask SA he did the same to her, then it was flirty hugs and loves when SA gave him the attention he wanted...

OK will do my song now ..

Churchill looooooves Cailin..

Churchill Loooves Cailin

He wants to Huuuuug her

He wants to Kiiiiiiiiis her
    Ah bless! What a lovely, lovely, love-in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X