• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Engine Oil

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Engine Oil"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Pay for the AA/RAC to do a full inspection on it. See if they think the car is fooked.

If so, send a copy of the report along with a letter rejecting the car to the garage and asking for all your money back plus the cost of the inspection.

If not, what are you worried about?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    They have been back on to say that it is ready for collection. It wasn't it's injectors - it needed a software reset!!! So Ford have rebooted it. I'm not sure how that would account for too much oil in the engine though.

I'm not keen on keeping it so I'm looking for a way of rejecting it and getting my money back from it. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    good luck

Tony

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    No that's the same TE.

I asked there first but also wanted to see if others had issues.

Eitther way I'm just playing their game. I'm driving their car and I've only had 'mine' a couple of days. I can simply make out it has still got the fault and return it - they have had it longer than me now.

Leave a comment:

• where did my id go?
    replied
    oooohh not a tdci?

In that case add a couple of possible nasties. first is an issue with the injectors and injector seals that results in diesel getting into the sump, causing the level to rise.

And then any diesel can, with an overfilled crankcase, start to run on its oil. symptoms are engine runaway followed (if you cant stall it v quickly) by exploding turbo ans seized engine.

then theres the crap delphi fuel system generally.

but why not ask on HJ or is that a different TonyEnglish?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    An Update to stop Milan getting told off.

last week I spoke to the folks at the Ford dealers. They hadn't got around to doing anything. Yesterday I got a call from the sales guy (Fiat) asking if I was happy with the car! I guess the sales people don't talk to their service people. I told him the situation and he went off to get an update. I got a call yesterday afternoon. Ford found a problem with the injectors which they are fixing under warranty. I should get it back on Friday. I will use it over the weekend and then give it back stating that the original problem is still there (even if it's not - hard to disprove an intermittant fault). I'll do it pleasntly - along the lines

'You have done everything you can, but the fault is still there and I'm not happy to accept the car under those conditions' Then I'll push for my money back. In the meantime that have given me a petrol Mondeo to drive around in (same spec and age as mine) and it is slow as anything, slower than the diesel I was driving. I've managed to dump 500 miles onto it since Thursday.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "as you have owned so many Mondeo's does this make you Mondeo man ?"

I guess it does

"buying a used ford (rubbish car) from a fiat (rubbish) dealer"

I don't think the Mondeo is rubbish - just this one is rubbish. My last one went from 39k miles to 110k miles with very few problems other than what you would expect from normal wear and tear. The one before that went from 40k miles to 140k miles again with no problems other than what you would expect to find on a car with starship mileage. As for the dealers, I only went there because of the advert - I buy from a dealer because it's easier to get your money back when things go wrong. In this case I don't know why they overfilled the engine so much. I suspect that they knew there was a problem with it

"suggesting said ford must have been really rubbish for said owner to
    have been forced to trade it in for a fiat"

They also sell used cars - not just ones traded in.

". in general do not believe a word said by salesmen, you should already have known this"

I don't. But when they say that they will service it, and they have the facilities and mechanics, I think it is a fair assumption that they will service it.

". you flippin cheapskate if you like fords so much why didn't you buy one from the ford dealer "

Because the Ford dealers are only stocking 06 and 07 cars and charging almost as much for them as I could get a fully loaded new Mondeo off the net. This car was supposed to last me a year. After a year any problems with the new Mondeo should be known and then I'll place my order.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Tony,

as you have owned so many Mondeo's does this make you Mondeo man ?

Is there a lesson here that:

. buying a used ford (rubbish car) from a fiat (rubbish) dealer

. suggested that the ford was a trade in

. suggesting said ford must have been really rubbish for said owner to
    have been forced to trade it in for a fiat

. in general do not believe a word said by salesmen, you should already have known this

. you flippin cheapskate if you like fords so much why didn't you buy one from the ford dealer

all the best,

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 26 October 2007, 14:47.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    What time is your flight, threaded?
    Another hour yet before I have to set off. It's only a short bicycle ride from here to the airport. Apparently they have showers and a changing room. I am going to enjoy the facilities to their fullest. Fnar fnar.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    What time is your flight, threaded?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    A little bit of useless info: 'ford' in Danish is interchangable with 'poo', as in 'what a load of steaming ford', except in Danish of course. It kinda helps that the words are easily misheard as the same: 'Lort' is pronounced Lord.

Only the Police and company reps whos boss hates them drive Fords here. Plod use them 'cause they get them for free, but once a plod achieves 'rank' they switch to another make...

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    There were not that many problems last time - just 2 together, both really related to the fact that it had done a lot of miles. Other than that both of my previous 2 Mondeos had been pretty reliable.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Why did you go for another Mondeo after all the problems you had last time?

I always tell people to avoid Fords, but there seems to be an inbuilt "the parts are cheaper", thats because they sell so many

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Engine will go causing the gearbox to seize suddenly at high speed, this will put the car into a spin causing it to flip and jump the barrier falling into the path of a high speed train, carrying nuclear waste, which will leak and then kill 1,000,000 people from radiation poisoning over the next 1000 years.

So pretty serious really.
    That's Fords for you!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    fscked. The crank will be twisted for starters, big ends too. just about every seal knackered.

Engine needs to be replaced.

Engine will go causing the gearbox to seize suddenly at high speed, this will put the car into a spin causing it to flip and jump the barrier falling into the path of a high speed train, carrying nuclear waste, which will leak and then kill 1,000,000 people from radiation poisoning over the next 1000 years.

So pretty serious really.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X