• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Engine Oil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm...

Check the following heading: "What happens when an engine is overfilled with oil?"

On the following page: http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html

Comment

fscked. The crank will be twisted for starters, big ends too. just about every seal knackered.

Engine needs to be replaced.

Or you might fall for the tulipy words of the oil monkey and be happy for a couple of thousand miles before it daffodils.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Very useful!

I know I have done 300 miles with it way over the required level. I don't know how many were done in it before. They were supposed to have serviced it - the fact that this was given to me like this suggests to me that it either wasn't serviced or it was serviced by some muppet who shouldn't be allowed near a car or the amount of oil in there was to disguise something the garage knew about. The car was originally advertised as having 38k miles on it. By the time I bought it there was 40.5k on it. Their sales manager said that he had been using it. So he must have known about the starting problem.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I've just called the local Ford dealers and the car has been booked in. I've told the guy what happened and asked him to tell me of any findings - The people I bought it off will only tell me what they want to tell me. I've told them about the starting issue and the oil - so now I'll just wait to see what happens.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            fscked. The crank will be twisted for starters, big ends too. just about every seal knackered.

Engine needs to be replaced.

Engine will go causing the gearbox to seize suddenly at high speed, this will put the car into a spin causing it to flip and jump the barrier falling into the path of a high speed train, carrying nuclear waste, which will leak and then kill 1,000,000 people from radiation poisoning over the next 1000 years.

So pretty serious really.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Engine will go causing the gearbox to seize suddenly at high speed, this will put the car into a spin causing it to flip and jump the barrier falling into the path of a high speed train, carrying nuclear waste, which will leak and then kill 1,000,000 people from radiation poisoning over the next 1000 years.

So pretty serious really.
              That's Fords for you!
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Why did you go for another Mondeo after all the problems you had last time?

I always tell people to avoid Fords, but there seems to be an inbuilt "the parts are cheaper", thats because they sell so many
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

There were not that many problems last time - just 2 together, both really related to the fact that it had done a lot of miles. Other than that both of my previous 2 Mondeos had been pretty reliable.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

A little bit of useless info: 'ford' in Danish is interchangable with 'poo', as in 'what a load of steaming ford', except in Danish of course. It kinda helps that the words are easily misheard as the same: 'Lort' is pronounced Lord.

Only the Police and company reps whos boss hates them drive Fords here. Plod use them 'cause they get them for free, but once a plod achieves 'rank' they switch to another make...
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

What time is your flight, threaded?

Comment

Working...
                      X