• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What car to buy next?"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    How many times do I have to say it? ALL CARS ARE GAY. Real men drive vans.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Under £35k new, a broad range (i.e. some are v.impractical):

BMW 330i M Sport
    Audi A5
    BMW Z4 Coupe
    BMW Z4 Roadster
    Lotus Europa
    Lotus Exige
    Caterham 7 Superlight
    Westfield SEiGHT
    Honda S2000
    I'm wrestling with a dilemma .. Being a tight git and begrudging this government any taxation I should be either riding me bike or driving as fuel-efficient a vehicle as possible.
    The trouble is that as a successful contractor, life’s little luxuries are the reward for putting up with Permie *******.

Leave a comment:

• Newbie000
    replied
    Get a Lotus Elise

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by MobileCheese View Post
    Mercedes AMG C32, I bought a second hand 01 plate £18.5k, verrryyy fast, de-badged so everyone thinks its just a C180 though the exhaust note and wheels give it away a bit, when I bought mine the previous owner had had the 155mph limiter removed. Personnally I wouldnt buy new unless thats what you really want. .

Video (not me by the way) http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=4
    I've got one of them which I bought new in 2002 and am selling it soon as I think I'll get a new one. Not a bad car but I've had a few problems such as already on the second engine, 3rd set of front discs, etc. Saw the new C63 the other day which is loud and fast.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    I would get:

Vovlo V70
    Honda Accord Tourer EX

Both nice choices.
    I drive the xc70, amrchair on wheels, lovely. Saving up for a db9 after hiring one for a couple of days, such amazing car.

Leave a comment:

• MobileCheese
    replied
    Mercedes AMG C32, I bought a second hand 01 plate £18.5k, verrryyy fast, de-badged so everyone thinks its just a C180 though the exhaust note and wheels give it away a bit, when I bought mine the previous owner had had the 155mph limiter removed. Personnally I wouldnt buy new unless thats what you really want. .

Video (not me by the way) http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=4

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    I would get:

Vovlo V70
    Honda Accord Tourer EX

Both nice choices.
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 27 October 2007, 18:00.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by shoes View Post
    What's wrong with a boxster S?
    Nothing, if you want a poor mans porsche. You could get a fair 911 for the same money.

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Originally posted by ruth11 View Post
    What's wrong with a boxster S?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Just been playing in a Nissan GT-R

OMG fast.

I'd take the Pepsi taste challenge against any Porsche on that too!
    Of course you have.

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
    Nissan GT-R = Uber Chav
    Agreed. I thought the "sunlamp" was an option though (or am I thinking SAXO again).

OMG, imagine turning up to a gig in one though

Leave a comment:

• shelby68
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post

OMG fast.

Nissan GT-R = Uber Chav, factory fitted neon light under the body, oversized bass tube and burberry sun visors pucka!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

OMG fast.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    many moons ago,

somebody here was gonna by an old Roller, who was that and did they buy it ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    I am kind of cured of my slight car obsession, still get the pangs but not going to blow big money on it again, it just means years more work !
    also - no matter how fancy, you get used to any car and it just feels normal after a while.
    Best option - different car every 6 months, not necessarily new but new to you e.g. alfa, bmw, mondeo, volvo, anything half decent.
    Maybe I have got a short attention span.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X