• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gym runners or Gym bunnies"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    hmmm kerching comes to mind, will run the "business need" proposal past my accountant this evening
    It was in one of those business tips newsletters that I get occasionally for free. The recommendation is to make a note of the business things that you download as well.

I have one that has a voice recorder on it too - so that I can take it to meetings and record what is said rather than having to concentrate on the conversation and taking notes at the same time. Also, much easier to have user requirements gathering exercises when it's a chat rather than something where someone is taking notes through the whole thing.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Are bluetooth headphones heavier than normal, or are they as good?

Fancy, but £90 for a 1GB player seems a tad expensive. Mind you, there were lots of price cuts after Apple announced the latest range of iPods, so it may be cheaper now.
    They're just as good...and they're the only ones that stay in my ear as they are ear buds.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Yes.

And they've taken the word gullible out of the dictionary.
    No way! For real? The gits.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    I get no hits in Amazon for that - and nothing from Google

sorry Samsung YP-T9 - 4Gb
    with Sony DRBT10CX Bluetooth Stereo Headphones

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Surely you mean a portable solid state device, which you can use on the move, while listening to podcasts to help your business, e.g. the ones that HMRC have made available.

If that's what you mean, and the personal use is incidental, then there could be a valid expense claim for your business there.
    hmmm kerching comes to mind, will run the "business need" proposal past my accountant this evening

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    i'm looking for an MP3 player to use in the gym
    Surely you mean a portable solid state device, which you can use on the move, while listening to podcasts to help your business, e.g. the ones that HMRC have made available.

If that's what you mean, and the personal use is incidental, then there could be a valid expense claim for your business there.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    I've got a Samsung TP-Y9 which is 1GB with an armband and it has a bluetooth facility so you can use bluetooth earphones - £90 from Amazon

It can also store video clips, pictures, text and also has an FM tuner so you can listen to the radio
    I get no hits in Amazon for that - and nothing from Google

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    I've got a Samsung TP-Y9 which is 1GB with an armband and it has a bluetooth facility so you can use bluetooth earphones - £90 from Amazon
    Are bluetooth headphones heavier than normal, or are they as good?

Fancy, but £90 for a 1GB player seems a tad expensive. Mind you, there were lots of price cuts after Apple announced the latest range of iPods, so it may be cheaper now.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    But was it funny?
    Well, there was certainly some giggling going on.

But that was more the feather boa tickling me in all sorts of places...

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied

It can also store video clips, pictures, text and also has an FM tuner so you can listen to the radio

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    And boy was there some business going on!
    But was it funny?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    He's not kidding - we had a "business meeting" at a hotel near the airport and had to change it 'cos they wouldn't let him in! Gutted.
    And boy was there some business going on!

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    What? Seriously?
    He's not kidding - we had a "business meeting" at a hotel near the airport and had to change it 'cos they wouldn't let him in! Gutted.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    What? Seriously?
    Yes.

And they've taken the word gullible out of the dictionary.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    My restraining order prohibits me from lurking around gyms in that area
    What? Seriously?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X