• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Nae luck england

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nae luck england"

Collapse

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Lunchtime, whenever that may be. There's a press conference at Twickenham at 230 this afternoon.
    Ah, right, think I've probably missed the opportunity there then.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    The video ref is quoted on the BBC today as saying that his foot ran into touch by 25 to 30 cm.

(That's a real link, not a link to the Threaded sh1te video)
    Shame that Cueto is (assuming press reports correct) still claiming it was a try. Maybe if someone showed him the 30cm in touch footage he could save himself from having to take his certainty to the grave.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    On the radio this morning they had the priceless Ian Robertson explaining what actually happened:

The video ref and his assistants were an Aussie and a couple of other guys who didn't speak a word of French.

The video tape operators were a couple of French guys who didn't speak a word of English.

Apparently there were eight (count 'em) different camera angles of the Cueto incident. The video ref was saying, "more, more" to the tape ops, and the tape ops took this to mean the same two angles over and over. (Perhaps due to the word, "encore"?) Those shots were confusing as one looks like a definite try and one looks like his foot touched the line before he lifted it and placed the ball.

But apparently the other angles which weren't shown on the telly are completely clear and his foot went in to touch, end of story. Presumably those shots will turn up one day, but in the meantime it's a non-story.
    The video ref is quoted on the BBC today as saying that his foot ran into touch by 25 to 30 cm.

(That's a real link, not a link to the Threaded sh1te video)

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Does anyone happen to know what time the team are flying back and if it's Heathrow? I'm only about half an hour away and wouldn't mind going to join the reception, which I'm sure there will be. It was a stunning World Cup from England after even their most loyal fans had expected them to go out at the QFs, at best.
    Lunchtime, whenever that may be. There's a press conference at Twickenham at 230 this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    cry baby?

Who?
    Don't go blaming me.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I think the World Cup was excellent and I'm glad to see the progress that the minnows (NZ, Australia, Tonga etc.) have made. The established countries, like Argentina, will have to pull up their socks, methinks.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    No.... I have 'dealing with cry baby idiots posting pointless bulltulip' difficulties.
    cry baby?

Who?

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Tay seems to think we are, but he has reading difficulties.
    No.... I have 'dealing with cry baby idiots posting pointless bulltulip' difficulties.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    Common guys, it wasn’t a try. Reason: the ref said it wasn’t. End of story.

Lets not turn into the Kiwis by blaming the ref at every given opportunity. It was a close game, the best team won. We did well to get there in the first place.
    Er, Swiss, I think you'll find that nobody here is claiming it was a try.

Tay seems to think we are, but he has reading difficulties.

Yes, on this occasion England did well to get to the final in the first place. Cause enough for celebration!

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    On the radio this morning they had the priceless Ian Robertson explaining what actually happened:

The video ref and his assistants were an Aussie and a couple of other guys who didn't speak a word of French.

The video tape operators were a couple of French guys who didn't speak a word of English.

Apparently there were eight (count 'em) different camera angles of the Cueto incident. The video ref was saying, "more, more" to the tape ops, and the tape ops took this to mean the same two angles over and over. (Perhaps due to the word, "encore"?) Those shots were confusing as one looks like a definite try and one looks like his foot touched the line before he lifted it and placed the ball.

But apparently the other angles which weren't shown on the telly are completely clear and his foot went in to touch, end of story. Presumably those shots will turn up one day, but in the meantime it's a non-story.

It might not have been the most eventful or amazing game of rugby, but it was exciting right up to the last few minutes. A great end to a great RWC.

Does anyone happen to know what time the team are flying back and if it's Heathrow? I'm only about half an hour away and wouldn't mind going to join the reception, which I'm sure there will be. It was a stunning World Cup from England after even their most loyal fans had expected them to go out at the QFs, at best.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Being a Welshman I sometimes find it difficult to support England at anything but did put a bet on them to win on Sat. Based on the English performance in Qtrs and Semis I honestly thought they could do it.

Unfortunately I was bored to tears within 20 mins at the lack of attacking play by both sides (pens don't count as attacking play). Not sure if it was a try or not but it was the closest it got to excitement in an otherwise dull game. Neither side looked like they should really have been there TBH.

Well done on getting that far but looking at the tournament it was the right result.

BTW. Lineout was absolutely appalling!!!

My £0.02
    Careful! You will be accused of racism soon!

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    Martin Johnson agrees.
    Uh, you know that's not the actual Martin Johnson, it's just a bloke from the Telegraph that churns out a load of guff about any sport that happens to be in the news at the moment.

The real Martin Johnson is that bloke they had on the telly that was constantly rolling his eyes and sighing every time Jim Rosenthal opened his mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Swiss Tony
    replied

Lets not turn into the Kiwis by blaming the ref at every given opportunity. It was a close game, the best team won. We did well to get there in the first place. Considering how far behind the rest of the world we were at the beginning of the tournament they need to use this to build the team, get the youngsters involved and start winning consistently.

Ohh and the lineout was a disgrace !!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Being a Welshman I sometimes find it difficult to support England at anything but did put a bet on them to win on Sat. Based on the English performance in Qtrs and Semis I honestly thought they could do it.

Unfortunately I was bored to tears within 20 mins at the lack of attacking play by both sides (pens don't count as attacking play). Not sure if it was a try or not but it was the closest it got to excitement in an otherwise dull game. Neither side looked like they should really have been there TBH.

Well done on getting that far but looking at the tournament it was the right result.

BTW. Lineout was absolutely appalling!!!

My £0.02

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    oooh your such an angry little cry baby.

Whats red and white and goes beep beep beep?
    The England rugby teams open top bus getting reversed back into the garage.
    Last edited by tay; 22 October 2007, 10:47.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X