• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Benazir Bhutto bomb blast"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Theory on R4 this morning is that it could be have been organised by the military old guard to enable them to declare marshall law again and stop the Musharraf/Bhutto pact.
    More likely the ISI and Taliban - it is well known that the ISI and Taliban are very good friends. So good that I think Osama is living a posh life in a fully funded ISI home. It could also be true that high ranking politicians arranged it - as most could see themselves out of power if/when benazir takes power.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He has got new equipment from the USA
    That’s my point, in a country full of flag burners I thought he'd have been knocked off long ago.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    what I don't understand is how Musharraf has managed to survive so long
    He has got new equipment from the USA - otherwise he would have been dead long time ago - his another advantage is that he is not popular enough to get such big crowds of people to have to be among them.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    It's amazing how they can't even stop killing each other... what hope is there for the rest of us?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    It is bizarre - but I could never understand how she got so far in such a male dominated country.... where young girls are forced into arranged marraiges and God knows what else... I'm not sure I trust her either.
    She managed to get far by being the mediocre daughter of a great leader.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7051804.stm

I can't believe this hasn't been broached yet, she's only been there 5 minutes and someone tries to blow her up killing 130 as a consequence, what I don't understand is how Musharraf has managed to survive so long seeing as he colludes with the perceived enemy? Or is there something fishy going on, could he have been behind it?
    Theory on R4 this morning is that it could be have been organised by the military old guard to enable them to declare marshall law again and stop the Musharraf/Bhutto pact.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

I can't believe this hasn't been broached yet, she's only been there 5 minutes and someone tries to blow her up killing 130 as a consequence, what I don't understand is how Musharraf has managed to survive so long seeing as he colludes with the perceived enemy? Or is there something fishy going on, could he have been behind it?
    It is bizarre - but I could never understand how she got so far in such a male dominated country.... where young girls are forced into arranged marraiges and God knows what else... I'm not sure I trust her either.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

The Mccanns were behind it. Obvious innit?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    started a topic Benazir Bhutto bomb blast

Benazir Bhutto bomb blast

Working...
X