• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Al Gore

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Al Gore"

Collapse

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah didn't see this. Fools never differ etc....
    Don't worry sas, with your kind of personality disorder, sex with yourself is probably rarely dull...

sas = drippy ooops I meant clippy

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Or because your having such a fab time in the Far East as evidenced by the fact that you still need to post your drivel on this board.

GAL.
    Ah didn't see this. Great minds etc....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Re Fisk, was just from memory, so I could be wrong, but he is not important so I will continue with what is.

In other words you made it all up. Isn't there something for you to look at in the Far East instead of subjecting us to your inane, cretinous drivel?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Or because your having such a fab time in the Far East as evidenced by the fact that you still need to post your drivel on this board.

GAL.
    It's even sadder that you read and REMEMBER what the **** I am doing.

As for the drivel, I've yet to read anything you've written that is interesting or memorable.

Don't pull your knob too hard clippy or it might fall off, oh dear, it already has.

SFA.

Leave a comment:

• Lambros
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Not quite according to the beeb report on it. The case was around whether it was biased or not, it clearly is, and as such should it be shown in schools without information from the sceptics camp to balance it. The Judge decided that provided guidlines were issued with the film to include the opposing viewpoints it could still be shown. The "technical innacuracies" are actually some of the points that the two sides disagree on and there is no firm conclusion as to whether they are innacurate or not.
    I agree - A judge on Wednesday ruled that Steven Spielberg's award winning docufiction "Schindler's List" should only be shown in schools with guidance notes to prevent political indoctrination.

High Court judge Michael Burton's decision follows legal action brought by a father of two last month claiming the director's film contained "serious scientific inaccuracies, political propaganda and sentimental mush.

About global warming of course I have heard that argument many times. It is nothing but a subjective intuition. There is no logic or knowledge supporting it. No one knows anywhere near enough about the the magnitude and history of the universe to give even a plausibility argument for that case. As for the cosmological constant, that is nothing but an artificial scientific construct; you can't base theological arguments on that.

I have no problem with them showing evolution videos or global warming videos as long as they are objective and allow other viewpoints. So, anytime they want to show an evolution video, they have to also show an intelligent design video so that the students can understand that there are other valid viewpoints.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Not necessarily untrue and I don't need to be 'shamed on' by you. I just can't be arsed looking for it.

GAL.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Denying Aids, denying Aids drugs, having a health minister who says it can be cured with garlic and beetroot. Wake up!!!!

He complicit in Zimbabwe and the halving of life expectancy.

HIV is SA's greatest killer, Mugabe is responsible for that.

Please, if you want to argue politics get your facts right and don't fall into the trap of attacking me instead of my arguments.
    Just trying to understnd your point of view. I don't think you can hold Mbeki responsible for the halving of the life expectancy in Zimbabwe. Thats like blaming Gordon Brown for any mistakes Sarkozy makes just because their countries are located in a similar geographical location IMHO.

I presume when you say HIV is SA's greatest killer and Mugabe is responsible you actually meant Mbeki? I agree that his rolling out of treatments has been poor but to say he is responsible for a nations culture/apprach to safe sex etc is somewhat naieve I would suggest.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Too true. Mbeki may be many things but he is not a murderer.
    Denying Aids, denying Aids drugs, having a health minister who says it can be cured with garlic and beetroot. Wake up!!!!

He complicit in Zimbabwe and the halving of life expectancy.

HIV is SA's greatest killer, Mugabe is responsible for that.

Please, if you want to argue politics get your facts right and don't fall into the trap of attacking me instead of my arguments.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I don't think.
    Too true. Mbeki may be many things but he is not a murderer.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Wrong. SA is a country with an abundance of cheap labour. Note 35% unemployment! The reasons for Mbeki not criticising Mugabe is complicated but largely stem from Mugabe's support of Mbeki during his time in exile.
    I don't think there is a pool of highly skilled cheap labour, the unemployment in SA is mostly unskilled. SA is benefitting.

Re the Mbeki and Mugabee alliance, it is honour between murderers. Not that complicated.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    They benefit from the skilled people who are very capable and are the ones leaving, and the pool of very cheap labour.
    Wrong. SA is a country with an abundance of cheap labour. Note 35% unemployment! The reasons for Mbeki not criticising Mugabe is complicated but largely stem from Mugabe's support of Mbeki during his time in exile.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    How does South Africa benefit? From what I read there is already 35% unemplyment in SA and now there are an additional 3 million and counting illegal immigrants crossing the border with little hope for much of a future.
    They benefit from the skilled people who are very capable and are the ones leaving, and the pool of very cheap labour.

SA is one of those places the BBC and the 'Independent' are not willing to criticise, from what I can see the whole marxist brothers in arms cause is being supported by this. And ask yourself this, if the immigrants are causing such a problem for SA why doesn't Mbeki do / say something. He won't.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    As for Zimbabwe and North Korea. I expect I understand them as well as you do.
    i.e. zero meaningful understanding. We're all just bar room politicians. Except me, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Shame on you - you may think Fisk twitters, but you said he had blamed Israel and the US for 9/11. Untrue. So you remembered incorrectly and he is not important? The truth is important.

As for Zimbabwe and North Korea. I expect I understand them as well as you do.

Not necessarily untrue and I don't need to be 'shamed on' by you. I just can't be arsed looking for it.

If you do truly understand them, stop posting the other trash then and write something that shows that you do have a grip of politics (one not gained from the 'Independent')

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Similarly South Africa still benefits from the crisis in Zimbabwe, but again it's just not sexy.
    How does South Africa benefit? From what I read there is already 35% unemplyment in SA and now there are an additional 3 million and counting illegal immigrants crossing the border with little hope for much of a future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X