• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gayness - Nature or Nurture?"

Collapse

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    I don't think we're ever going to get to the bottom of this.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I don't think we're ever going to get to the bottom of this.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by benn0 View Post
    I think it's genetic. A person is born bent or normal and there is nothng anyone can do to change things.
    Nope, leopards don't change their spots.

Apparently homosexuality baffled Charles Darwin, But a recent study found that on average gays (of either sex) have more fertile mothers, which tends to at least outweigh the obvious self-limiting nature of homosexuality from an evolutionary standpoint.

Also, it might have been a big evolutionary advantage in primitive societies if it encouraged male bonding and in particular kept teenagers messing around with each other until they were fully grown instead of trying to compete with larger adult males for women. (That's my theory anyway.)

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    hmmmmm.......

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    Gay is actually in nature.

Giraffes and Crocodiles are both known to be Gay

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    Gay is actually in nature.

Giraffes and Crocodiles are both now to be Gay

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Tis a bizarre thing to be gay. Completely against nature. I just think they're outta there heads. oops, have a I just broken the law?

Why is it women and gay men have more rights then men? Imagine what gay women get!
    Utterly, and completely wrong.

It has been established that in cultures we'd consider primitive, homosexuality infers many benefits to the sucess of the community. In fact in many traditions this benefit is honoured, especially in the military.

Homosexuality is only viewed negatively by Abrahamic traditions, hence where we get such view points from nowadays.

Yet, even as recently as WWII the most efficient killing machine was a pair of German soldiers, one old one young, and their mortar.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You called?

That's ok. Found a mirror...Phew!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    the memory part perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Smaller, more female, development of a portion, can't remember which bit.
    the memory part perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Behind you!
    Oh no he isn't!

Is it panto season already?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinto View Post
    Where? Where?
    You called?

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Hey - great minds!
    Where? Where?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I've spent too much time on here today - I read that as "Sometimes people need a good hammering!"

There I was, all prepared with a witty and amusing comment, but it's all to waste now.
    Sometimes people need a good hammering!

HTH.
    Hey - great minds!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Sometimes people need a good harming!
    I've spent too much time on here today - I read that as "Sometimes people need a good hammering!"

There I was, all prepared with a witty and amusing comment, but it's all to waste now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X