• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Maglev

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Maglev"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The New Lie.
    A New Low.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I thought it was 15 feet... ( )
    That's given me a flashback...

I remember reading that we'd all be driving around in flying cars by the year 2001. And wearing silver spray-on suits and smoking cancer-free cigarettes.

Whatever happened to progress, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    Haven't they had one of these at Birmingham airport for 20 years or so? Mind you it doesn't do 310mph, more like 31mph.

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    But the purpose of maglev is so you CAN leave things on the line and the train will pass harmlessly over them. One in the eye for scrotes with their bricks, logs and nicked cars, I say!
    You underestimate the ability of the feral scrotes. Their intellectual talents don't stretch far, but you can guarantee that whatever you build, they will work out a way to wreck it.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    just how high above the track do you think it floats?
    I thought about 10 feet. That's enough, isn't it?

()

Leave a comment:

• Murder1
    replied
    But the purpose of maglev is so you CAN leave things on the line and the train will pass harmlessly over them. One in the eye for scrotes with their bricks, logs and nicked cars, I say!
    Is that a maglev or a plane?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    China has one already but they do crash

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    just how high above the track do you think it floats?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    But then you have to factor in engineering work and scrotes leaving things on the line. I'd give it about 8 hours.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "London is 185 miles distance from Manchester "

Lifted from http://www.manchester2002-uk.com/bus...ans-links.html

so 185 / 310 = .6 of an hour giving 36 mins.

But then you have to factor in engineering work and scrotes leaving things on the line. I'd give it about 8 hours.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Excellent. Large scale public projects. We'll start of with making dividends subject to income tax to fund it, then away we go!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    ... and they have a trade surplus... nice

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY View Post
    At 310mph - London to Manchester in 30mins.
    Err.. more like 60 mins surely ? The Mancs aren't that close to us are they !?!

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    started a topic Maglev

Maglev

Germany to build maglev railway

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7011932.stm

"Germany has come up with the funds to launch its first magnetic levitation - or maglev - rail service."

"The state of Bavaria is to build the high-speed railway line from Munich city centre to its airport, making it Europe's first commercial track."

At 310mph - London to Manchester in 30mins.

I've never heard of this kind of society - one where people build things and innovate. I thought people just sold each other houses using other peoples money. It's a new economic paradigm!

The consolation is that we've got such forward thinking politicians.
    Last edited by NoddY; 25 September 2007, 15:50.

Working...
X