• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This sort of thing annoys me"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    if all the agents die today
    all of us will get a 50% rate rise overnight
    It's not worth it

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    if all the agents die today
    all of us will get a 50% rate rise overnight

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Didn't realise Milan was an agent and had gone to hell already.
    No - he sold his car (aka his soul) to the Devil.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    2. All being crammed together in a singe Diesel Passat, broken down outside the kind of mansion you always thought one day you might buy but never did because you spent all your ill-gotten gains on cocaine and cheap prostitutes.

Didn't realise Milan was an agent and had gone to hell already.

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    No, we're all going to Hell. You'll have a special circle of hell which will consist of:

1. Being stuck for eternity with all other agents.
    2. All being crammed together in a singe Diesel Passat, broken down outside the kind of mansion you always thought one day you might buy but never did because you spent all your ill-gotten gains on cocaine and cheap prostitutes.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    as long as we can happily burn in Hell as opposed to the boring place you lot are going to end up in.
    No, we're all going to Hell. You'll have a special circle of hell which will consist of:

1. Being stuck for eternity with all other agents.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I take it you dont like us then?
    Don't give me those puppy eyes - I won't fall for that.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    http://www.acenet.co.uk/index.cfm?fu...tem=506&page=4

Let me ask two questions:

1. If there were no recruitment agencies then would this mean that there would be enough engineers to go round?
    2. If someone leaves a job after 3 months is it really because of the recruitment agency?

We may all be scumbags and shysters but we are here because that is how the market wants us.
    Even nanotechnology in the year 30 billion couldn't manufacture a violin small enough for me to play a lament on for you and your pals.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    The problem is that companies (I mean real companies, not your 1 man Ltds...) are too damn lazy to advertise for their resources. They just ship out the work to agencies, who really are just glorified databases full of skilled workers.

If companies started to be more pro-active in their recruitment and advertising, there really would be no need to outsource to agencies.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I met a nice agent once. Then I woke up

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I like agents.

Erm...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    No, he's too fat - bloated on the blood and bones of poor defenceless contractors.

as long as we can happily burn in Hell as opposed to the boring place you lot are going to end up in.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I'll take the chance if we can burn you all.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Are you trying to suggest that Dodgy weighs the same as a duck?
    No, he's too fat - bloated on the blood and bones of poor defenceless contractors.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The UK would still be short of 20,000 engineers and there would be no one to hate. A vacuum that would I wager soon be filled by contractors.
    I'll take the chance if we can burn you all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X