• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should bad drivers and people with 5hit cars be banned/fined?"

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    You don't find bad drivers just on the roads;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/7001366.stm

More than 200 passengers will be delayed overnight after their aircraft became stuck while preparing to take off from Glasgow Airport.

The Emirates Airline flight to Dubai was heading towards the runway at about 1420 BST when it rolled on to grass as it turned a corner.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I estimate that I lose approximately 10 working hours a year due to hold ups caused by accidents or broken down vehicles, multiply that by the millions up and down the country who are also affected and it comes to quite a sum that British business is losing just because of ‘bangernomics’ practitioners and silly bints putting on eye liner at inappropriate times.

And don't get me started on foreign lorry drivers and their right side blindness.
    Once the infrastructure for nationwide congestion charging is in place it should be possible to estimate the cost of any accident. I reckon almost any accident on a major route in London or inside the M25 must cost millions. I hope they introduce legislation to charge the relevant insurance company.

They should also charge any delivery vehicles that (illegally) park close to the lights at the Trafalgar Square end of Northumberland Avenue, thereby blocking one lane and halving the already paltry number of vehicles that manage to get through during the five seconds in every minute the lights are green.

They should charge every council and utilily x hundred thousand pounds per hour for lanes closed for roadworks.

They should charge the police for the time they prolong the re-opening of lanes after an accident while they conduct their investigation.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    My mate installs credit card machines, so gets to see a lot of this... he'd never ever eat there... McD's by comparison, you could eat off the floor.
    I need to speak to your mate, I need more info about ATM

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Having spent 4 years listening to drive time in the mornings and evenings, all daily accidents have the following connection:

1. A lorry
    2. M25 Jn 6 anti-clockwise or M25 Jn 26 clockwise
    3. A red Nova

If we remove lorries and red cars, there will be no more accidents

Quod erat demonstrandum
    Nice one hyperD. Expect a call from the Portuguese police soon. They need help solving a missing child case over there...

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Having spent 4 years listening to drive time in the mornings and evenings, all daily accidents have the following connection:

1. A lorry
    2. M25 Jn 6 anti-clockwise or M25 Jn 26 clockwise
    3. A red Nova

If we remove lorries and red cars, there will be no more accidents

Quod erat demonstrandum

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I estimate that I lose approximately 10 working hours a year due to hold ups caused by accidents or broken down vehicles, multiply that by the millions up and down the country who are also affected and it comes to quite a sum that British business is losing just because of ‘bangernomics’ practitioners and silly bints putting on eye liner at inappropriate times.

And don't get me started on foreign lorry drivers and their right side blindness.
    You'd think it would be simple to
    1/ adhere to the two second gap
    2/ keep left
    3/ slow down in the wet

but apparently not

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster View Post
    I wasted 10 minutes in trap 1 this morning, dropping my guts after a pizza last night. Can I sue Pizza Hut?
    Top Money-saving Tip: Dining out at Pizza Hut in Oxford city centre? Order a small salad, and scrape as much as you can eat off the fecking walls for free... dirty bastards.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Did you get a receipt?
    Nope, but I can prove the goods were consumed. The drains are blocked and need degunging....

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I wasted 10 minutes in trap 1 this morning, dropping my guts after a pizza last night. Can I sue Pizza Hut?
    Did you get a receipt?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Only if you didnt bill the client for the time

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I often lose 10 minutes in the morning waiting for a level crossing. Can I sue South West Trains?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    ... and about 364 days lost, owing to posting on CUK.
    4 per day is hardly excessive... 15 maybe.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    what are 'material loos'

woolly toilets?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I wondered about this ... me sat in a traffic jam equals a material loss.. ergo whover was a fault for causing the crash their insurance company should be liable.

btw try the M20 in Kent for foreign lorry drivers... interesting interpretations of road rules
    Last edited by Troll; 18 September 2007, 13:53.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X