• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "You are all guilty (except SB, myself and snaw)"

Collapse

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In which case it is the old hackette from the daily mirror (as mentioned by Spartacus then) and she would have got away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!
    Yeah, she has been hanging around the crime scene an awful lot.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    "I have seen CSI and Poirot and other stuff on the telly and I know:
    It is normally the last person to see them alive.
    It is normally a close friend or relative."

Depends on the program you happen to be watching. The one I see from time to time it tends to be the person who owns an old hotel, gold mine or deserted fun fair and that person is usually the one who goes around telling tales of doom. When caught they tend to be wearing a mask. I also know that they are not fans of those 'pesky kids' and so might have a motive to abduct one.
    In which case it is the old hackette from the daily mirror (as mentioned by Spartacus then) and she would have got away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    It seemed odd at the time that the last person to see her alive wasn't a suspect and that the hunch of that hackette from the Daily Mirror was given more credence.

But, hey, fruitless to speculate in cases like this when you haven't seen the evidence, statements and what have you.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "I have seen CSI and Poirot and other stuff on the telly and I know:
    It is normally a close friend or relative."

Depends on the program you happen to be watching. The one I see from time to time it tends to be the person who owns an old hotel, gold mine or deserted fun fair and that person is usually the one who goes around telling tales of doom. When caught they tend to be wearing a mask. I also know that they are not fans of those 'pesky kids' and so might have a motive to abduct one.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I couldnt be arsed reading the whole piece, but did find it rather ironic that it has a "have your say" button attached.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    it was as much of an explanation as to why we react as we do to these types of events, and how they affect everyone. It seemed from the ITV program last night that there is precious little evidence to form any objective conclusion at all.
    Why bother even speculating?

*We* do not have access to all of the evidence. Only what has been presented by the media.

Best left alone mefinks.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    very interesting article DA - thanks for posting it.
    it was as much of an explanation as to why we react as we do to these types of events, and how they affect everyone. It seemed from the ITV program last night that there is precious little evidence to form any objective conclusion at all.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster View Post
    Give the Portuguese plod a ring ring then with this bit of ground breaking news. That's sure to convince the judge to bring the McCann's back for questioning, depsite the facts not being strong enough...

Judge: Sorry, but the case doesn't hold up. Forensics is debatable, no eye witness, no body, etc, etc.

Senor Detective: But Judge, Cowboy Bob says that statistically the McCann's did it.

Judge: Right then. Haul them back and hang the buggers form the highest tree...
    Actualy, it wasn't the McCanns, it was one of their friends looked in on Maddie before Mrs McCann discovered she was missing.

I have seen CSI and Poirot and other stuff on the telly and I know:
    It is normally a close friend or relative.

Case solved.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
    I have no facts so I'm going with statistics - which state that it is far more likely that a direct family member is the culprit than a complete stranger.
    Give the Portuguese plod a ring ring then with this bit of ground breaking news. That's sure to convince the judge to bring the McCann's back for questioning, depsite the facts not being strong enough...

Judge: Sorry, but the case doesn't hold up. Forensics is debatable, no eye witness, no body, etc, etc.

Senor Detective: But Judge, Cowboy Bob says that statistically the McCann's did it.

Judge: Right then. Haul them back and hang the buggers form the highest tree...

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster View Post
    Easy to come to a judgement without the facts...
    I have no facts so I'm going with statistics - which state that it is far more likely that a direct family member is the culprit than a complete stranger.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    very interesting article DA - thanks for posting it.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    People are confusing likeability with guilt/innocence.

I don't like them, but that doesn't make them guilty by default.
    We'll probably never know, now. Someone did it, but is remaining enigmatically tight-lipped about it.
    Last edited by DBA_bloke; 17 September 2007, 14:20.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    People are confusing likeability with guilt/innocence.

I don't like them, but that doesn't make them guilty by default.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge View Post
    Alright then, if it makes you feel better, I think you're a braindead waste of skin, is that better. We're so bad at accepting compliments in the UK, aren't we?

And Fook? Are you some kind of northerner? Hey, do you know HHH, he was a northerner, you must know him, don't you?
    Are your piles particularly itchy today? You seem a bit out of sorts.

As for "fook", no, not fookin' Northern, alriiiiggghttt, la'?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Oh dear, you're all embarrassed now

Alright then, if it makes you feel better, I think you're a braindead waste of skin, is that better. We're so bad at accepting compliments in the UK, aren't we?

And Fook? Are you some kind of northerner? Hey, do you know HHH, he was a northerner, you must know him, don't you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X