• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh dear™ oh dear™oh dear™"

Collapse

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    They still do inject gold for rheuaaeumaeute , what he said.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You can't eat gold!!!

Well, actually you can but it ain't very nutricious...
    Gold poisoning is possible, though only if in particulate form. "House": such an informative T.V. show!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Nice to see the au rising over the last ten days.
    You can't eat gold!!!

Well, actually you can but it ain't very nutricious...

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Don't Panic, house prices can only ever go up, all economic history before 1997 is bunk

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Bagpuss, Zeitghost, this is funny isn't it.

How long have we been waiting for this to happen ?

Prudence has paid off.

This is just like the John Kenneth Galbraith book 1929.

Fascinating to watch it play out in the same way.

Step by step it all comes tumbling down.

I blame's the parents.

Milan.

Nice to see the au rising over the last ten days.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I don't know but I'm doing a nice line in brown trousers if you're interested?
    Keep the line in your brown trousers to yourself. I'm about to eat my lunch.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I don't know but I'm doing a nice line in brown trousers if you're interested?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Any CUKers oot there using Northern Rock's high interest business account to hold their reserves? Troll posted the limits for guaranteeing deposits for individuals. Does this also hold true for Ltd. Co. deposits?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Money and Honour do not belong in the same purse

Icelandic Proverb
    Spanish I think you'll find!

honra y provecho no caben en un saco!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    at some stage you must have paid it in... or are you about to get into metaphysics?
    No more than 10% of deposits will be held as cash, that's how the banking system works, there isn't a big pile of everyones money in the safe

FFS

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I've just read another post, and they suggested that NR should call Ocean finance as they will be able to help out with debts with a 15 min phone call.
    Will Tampon take them over?

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    at some stage you must have paid it in... or are you about to get into metaphysics?
    I think they mean cash.
    How much cash will a branch of northern rock hold.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    How can they give out money that doesn't exist?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Can they legally impose a limit on you withdrawing your cash?
    How can they give out money that doesn't exist?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I've just read another post, and they suggested that NR should call Ocean finance as they will be able to help out with debts with a 15 min phone call.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X