• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Getting home from Gatwick after midnight ?"

Collapse

• buffdaddy
    replied
    The Bedford to Brighton train runs past gatwick and goes through london stopping at Croydon, Clapham, London Bridge, Farringdon, Kings X Thames link through the night

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Thanks, I was told no trains after midnight, have to start not listening to people again.

who told you that?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Why not just kip on a seat for 4 hours. tch

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Thanks, I was told no trains after midnight, have to start not listening to people again.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Trains run from London Victoria to Three Bridges or Brighton throughout the whole night, stopping at Gatwick, Croydon and Clapham. After about 2pm it's only one an hour so be prepared for a possible long wait.

Leave a comment:

• RightLaugh
    replied
    http://www.networkrail.co.uk/ - see timetables

there are trains every 1/2 hr to london. there's 1 at 1:35 am and another at 2:05 am.

Alternatively ask someone at the airport.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I stayed in the http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fiche...he_hotel.shtml when a few drops of rain fell in the area and panic ensued a couple of months ago and everything stopped working. Anyway I highly recommend.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Now you know why I used to have friends.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Train, coach or bus - pretty sure they all run during the night. Or, if you're feeling fit, walk/jog.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Get a friend to pick you up. You do have friends don't you?
    I like my friends, I wouldn't call them up at 01.30am ask them to drive to Gatwick to pick me up.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    "Getting home from Gatwick after midnight" isn't that a song? If not, it should be.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Get a friend to pick you up. You do have friends don't you?

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    started a topic Getting home from Gatwick after midnight ?

Getting home from Gatwick after midnight ?

When your flight is delayed and you arrive in Gatwick airport after midnight, how can you get to london without paying £150 for a taxi. Happened to a friend last night.

Working...
X