• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Song Remains the Same..."

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Only managed to get 2 pages in. It kept timing out on me. Oh well, keep trying though I wont win, I never do. If it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all.
    Even when I win something it turns to tulip.
    How many people do you know who got 24 points on the pools and got 400 quid as a first divvie? 18 fookin score draws in one week, I ask yer......

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    BBC reporting that an estimated 20 million have registered so far....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6992623.stm

Hard to imagine any other band getting the same sort of repsonse.

Got ours in last night...

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Managed to get my name in the lottery, which is Step One I suppose. Now just hoping that no one else gets in to the site.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Do you think Jason would try to do Moby Dick?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Well John Bonham is dead. So the only difference between this and Plant and Page doing Unledded a few years back is the different bass player. Bloody marketing.
    When Plant and Paige were recording together they didn't have John Paul Jones on Bass, it looks like they have managed to convince him to come back on stage again. With Jason Bonham on Drums it's about as close as you are going to get to the original line up of almost 30 yrs ago. Paige and Plant Unledded was good, but it wasn't Led Zepplin, this has a chance to be just that.

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Ah.

So it was an advert for Gilmour's latest offering... having played Islands exactly once, maybe I won't bother.
    The set wasn't just for "Islands". A couple of the early songs were from that album but the vast majority of the set was old Floyd tunes.

I saw the concert at the cinema and the DVD also contains scenes from his concert in Vienna and Gdansk.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    125 quid...

Still I suppose it was never going to be cheap...

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Harvey Goldsmiths web server seems to have been taken by surprise by the news and has gone off in a hough.

As has the O2 arenas'
    Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 12 September 2007, 15:20.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Saw Robert Plant back in 1982 and he was brilliant then.

Keep wanting to see him in his current incarnation but he has been touring Europe during the last year with only a couple of visits to a the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I saw Robert Plant do an acoustic set at glasto a few years ago, I have to say it was outstanding
    pussycat !

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I saw Robert Plant do an acoustic set at glasto a few years ago, I have to say it was outstanding

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    What was that on then?

Solo?

Acoustic?
    It was this http://www.amazon.com/David-Gilmour-.../dp/B000OYC7A8 so if you bought the DVD I saw it for nowt!

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    He did a bit of 'Island'

and a couple of Floyd tracks, had David Bowie on to sing Arnold Layne and had Graham Nash and David Crosby on backing vocals. I think it's on the net somewhere, BBC radio 2 website or some such.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    What was that on then?

Solo?

Acoustic?
    You are Saxondale, and I claim a free pest control consultation.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Just had another listen and I was wrong, it was Deep Purple I was thinking of I knew it was one of those old codger bands that I keep meaning to have a listen to!
    DP used to do a thing called "Wring that Neck" (had another name too), which was about 2 minutes of instrumental followed by about half an hour of improvisation. I have a CD with that on one one of the concerts, and it is literally 32 minutes long with just the band. Ian Gillan (singer) comes on says "welcome" etc., then buggers off for half an hour.

The famous story was that whilst playing in Malvern there was a piano on the stage with a cover over it. So Gillan and his groupy friend had half an hour of naughtiness on stage whilst the rest of the band was playing. I've got his auto-biography, and he does confirm this is all true.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X