• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "YAC Numbers and Ofcom mandated warning"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I don't like giving out my personal mobile number to agents.

I don't want to have two numbers / phones to use.

I like being able to switch off the YAC diversion so that when I'm away / not working, friends can get me but agents can't.

I'm thinking SkypeIn and a SkypePro account might be the way forward - will have to look into it tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Devlin View Post
    I'm loathed to put my real mobile number out there!
    What is your objection?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Oh. Well in that case, is it related to YACC?

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    YAC. Is this a Jeff Minter thing?
    No. That's YAK.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    YAC. Is this a Jeff Minter thing?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I've got an 0700 number that forewards to my mobile and it is working as normal, no preamble about call charges.

What are you on about?
    Maybe yours doesn't cost more than 20p a minute to ring it? Mine does, and I've just rung from work and got a warning message about how expensive it is to ring.

Leave a comment:

• Devlin
    replied
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06...umber_warning/

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I called it from another mobile too and still no problem/warning.

Leave a comment:

• Devlin
    replied
    No, from a Virgin Media (ex NTL) phone line.
    Anyone who uses BT try and call you will get a longwinded message saying how expensive it before connecting them.

Definitely seems to be putting people off, I'm getting e-mails asking for another number and those that do call also ask.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    No, from a Virgin Media (ex NTL) phone line.

Leave a comment:

• Devlin
    replied
    I've got an 0700 number that forewards to my mobile and it is working as normal, no preamble about call charges.

What are you on about?
    are you dialling from a BT line?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

What are you on about?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    My wife uses one of these for her fax. Will that mess things up?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Try www.4telgroup.com who can provide free 0845 numbers.

Can't forward to mobiles though.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    There seem to be a few that will give you an 0845 number that you pay for.

I might look at a SkypeIn number, since I have Skype on my mobile that I can use. It's not too expensive, plus you can get a few for different countries if you work abroad.

There may well be others - I've just had an email from an agent that says
    I tried to contact you today to discuss new opportunities that I currently have running on system, but the number I have for you is an 07092 number which has a 50p a min charge to talk with you. Do you have a mobile number that I can contact you on to discuss new roles?
    so I want to get something sorted sooner rather than later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X