• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Disguising hangovers"

Collapse

• Swiss Tony
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba View Post
    I wish I had a hangover. You all have so much fun.
    Drink all your aftershave and wait ......

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    I wish I had a hangover. You all have so much fun.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    How to disguise my hangover today? Working in my home office

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Best bet is to go for a surf/swim in the freezing sea. Cold water snaps you right out of feeling tulip, and will put some colour in the cheeks

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by brownie74 View Post
    i take it all back. i woke up with a stonker this morning. all i could do was go back to bed.
    A real "stonker" is when you can't even get out of bed because you're aching all over and know that you'll hurl when the moment you're upright.

So I'm told.

Leave a comment:

• brownie74
    replied
    i take it all back. i woke up with a stonker this morning. all i could do was go back to bed.

Leave a comment:

• brownie74
    replied
    Originally posted by chicane View Post
    Not to mention the fact that there's 3 hours activity in the above described routine. Does this mean that it's necessary to get up at 5 in the morning with a bad hangover after a night on the lash, just to be able to cure that hangover?
    always worth turning up an hour late but able to function rather than on time and f****d.

Leave a comment:

• brownie74
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    Have you ever had a hangover?

5 clicks? Weights? Does not compute.
    yeah, exercise works. though i fell over during a boxercise class once from low blood sugar after a particularly big night. the teacher told me to f**k off out of the class. it gets the blood flowing to your face. gives you a bit of colour.

i put the hours in at the boozer but i'm also extremely fit. it helps. in fact its the only way you can sustain
    that lifestyle beyond 30.

you can also get some under-eye things from Boots. to get rid of the bags.

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post

Not to mention the fact that there's 3 hours activity in the above described routine. Does this mean that it's necessary to get up at 5 in the morning with a bad hangover after a night on the lash, just to be able to cure that hangover?

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by brownie74 View Post
    once you've eaten get down the gym and run 5 clicks and lift some weights. then have a sauna (take 2 litre bottle of water in with you and drink it).

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Set a mousetrap off on your scrotum. It won't cure your hangover but it will certainly take your mind off it.

Leave a comment:

• brownie74
    replied
    recovering

first, take a nurofen. in fact if you'd have taken one before hitting bed you would have no headache in the morning. this works great for me

your best bet is to get some food down. this is essential - and some coffee. then grab an hours kip if you can.

once you've eaten get down the gym and run 5 clicks and lift some weights. then have a sauna (take 2 litre bottle of water in with you and drink it).

wash your face with a decent scrub. have a shave. get on a sunbed for 20 minutes. have a w*nk.

put some clean clothes on and you'll look ok.

Leave a comment:

• fordcaprighia
    replied
    Eat a vast ammount of Garlic and paint one eye black, then tell everyone she was mugged on her way home from an italian restaurant.

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Drink two pints of water before going to bed and you'll wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss. Or rather, you lie half awake for two hours mustering up the energy to get up and take a piss.

The whole 'drink water and it will be fine' theory is a myth.
    learn Bladder Control

Anyway it worked for me. 42 and never had to wake up to a hangover!

Mind you I hate being drunk

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    You will need:

banana
    water
    fruit juice
    fresh air
    ice pack

See How to deal with a hangover

HTH!